You are here

Bose f1 system

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Bose f1 system

Postby dennisgamalej » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:23 pm

Hello guys,
I have a question. In our theater we have a bose f1 system 2 highs and 2 subs. I want to connect everything in mono and i have to go from mixer to right sub than to right high and from right high i have to go to left sub and than from left sub to left high. Whats strange is when i like to go grom mixer to right sub from to the right sub i connect right high and than i go from right sub to left sub and connect left high to it the left side wont work why? I connect with my oen pa between sides with subs and from subs just the highs. Thnx for help
dennisgamalej
Regular

Re: Bose f1 system

Postby Janneman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Why everything in mono?
Janneman
Regular
Kind regards,   Jan van Duren

Postby dennisgamalej » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:24 am

because i cant just subs on my ui in mono all auxes i use. When i do everything in stereo than i have stereo subs
dennisgamalej
Regular

Postby Janneman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:30 am

What type of UI do you have?
Janneman
Regular

Postby Janneman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:35 am

Is it possible to explain better how do you connect your mixer (UI) to the F1 systeem and why you want to use it in mono.
Janneman
Regular

Postby dennisgamalej » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:03 am

hey,
i have to go (or it wont work) from ui to right sub than from right sub to right top. From right top to left sub and from left sub to left top.
dennisgamalej
Regular

Postby Mike Stranks » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:18 am

Why not just run the whole system in 'mono'... same output on L&R outputs from mixer and all mixer pans/balances centred? Then however the speaker system is configured it'll sound as 'mono'....
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Postby Janneman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:49 am

dennisgamalej wrote:hey,
i have to go (or it wont work) from ui to right sub than from right sub to right top. From right top to left sub and from left sub to left top.

Are you using the aux sends or the normal R&L output of the mixer?

Maybe It's me, but i still don't understand how and why you are doing this!

otherwise follow the advice of Mike Stranks.
Janneman
Regular

Postby RoadieChauffeur » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:04 pm

I've not got an F1 system, but I've had a look at the manual...

As far as I can see, the connections you are running are correct (ie the only way it will work) for what you are trying to achieve.

My understanding of your requirement is:
Using a single (hence mono) channel of output, you are tying to run 2 sets of speakers, daisy chained together.

The F1 subs support 2 channels, for when you want to run a single sub with 2 tops. I think what is confusing you is that these retain 2 separate outputs. In other words, Input 1 goes to Output 1, Input 2 goes to Output 2. I think you were hoping to use Input 1, with the signal duplicated on both Outputs 1 & 2, which is not how they work.

So in your wiring, your signal goes (on one side) from Sub Input 1 to Sub Output 1, then to Top Input. You are then using Top Out, to provide a new signal for the other side, going into Sub Input 1 again, then Sub Output 1 to Top Input. This will all work fine as far as I can see.

Couple of things to watch:
- There are High pas filters available on both Subs and Tops, so you need to get the settings right to pass full range to the second side.
- The Tops output is after the volume control, so you'll have to make sure Left and right sides are balances volume wise.

As mentioned above, you'd be better running two separate channels from the mixer, one to each Sub/Top pair. Much easier to manage.
RoadieChauffeur
Regular
Also electrician, tea boy, secretary...

Postby MarkPAman » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Or - it it perfectly fine to make (or buy) a cable to split one output into two inputs.

Like this one for instance:
https://www.studiospares.com/Cables-Leads/Leads-Splitter/Studiospares-XLR-Female--2-XLR-Male-Splitter-10cm_689460.htm.

Care should be taken if connecting two mic inputs that (may) have phantom power on them though.

Side note: That page has a link to this https://www.studiospares.com/Cables-Leads/Leads-Splitter/XLR-Male-2xXLR-Female-Splitter-10cm_689450.htm which could easily be used to connect two outputs to one input, but also, of course, to each other, which is always a bad thing.
MarkPAman
Frequent Poster