You are here

wireless mic input to video cam, on a budget?

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Re: wireless mic input to video cam, on a budget?

Postby MOF » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:20 pm

One more question regarding matching the sampling rate of my zoom to the camera for later synching: the audio sampling rate of the camera is not stated anywhere in KHz units. It's a Panasonic HC-VX870 and the audio spec is "AVCHD: Dolby Audio (5.1ch / 2ch)" and the mic spec is "5.1ch Surround, Zoom, Focus and Stereo Microphone". Would this be 48KHz?

Yes the broadcast sample rate for cameras is 48khz. Increasing the Zoom rate to 48khz to match is slightly improving the frequency response.
MOF
Regular

Postby preinagel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:52 pm

Well since you mention it, I would like to be able to use it in UK and Ireland, as well as USA. Currently not anticipating any other countries. Wireless GO is the RØDE product I was checking out. Is it legal in those countries?
preinagel
New here

Postby Mike Stranks » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:19 pm

preinagel wrote:Well since you mention it, I would like to be able to use it in UK and Ireland, as well as USA. Currently not anticipating any other countries. Wireless GO is the RØDE product I was checking out. Is it legal in those countries?

Yup! That's the advantage of 2.4GHz.... legal and licence-free virtually anywhere. Just don't turn up with it in Israel unless you've pre-registered it.
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster

Postby James Perrett » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:00 pm

Mike Stranks wrote:
preinagel wrote:Well since you mention it, I would like to be able to use it in UK and Ireland, as well as USA. Currently not anticipating any other countries. Wireless GO is the RØDE product I was checking out. Is it legal in those countries?

Yup! That's the advantage of 2.4GHz.... legal and licence-free virtually anywhere. Just don't turn up with it in Israel unless you've pre-registered it.

And be aware that the band is slightly wider in Europe than it is in the USA so it would be worth checking that the unit you buy is suitable for use in the USA - possibly by purchasing it in the USA.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Previous