You are here

I can't choose active speaker

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

I can't choose active speaker

Postby vintoriginal » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:31 pm

Hey everyone! I am looking for a cheap PA system for DJ'-ing and smaller venues. I want something small and after a lot of search, I choose 2 what looked great for my espectations. Sadly now I can't decide wich one is better.

The 2 models are the "Turbosound Milan M10" and the "RCF Art 310 a MK III".

Wich one I should choose? Positive, negative experience? :)
vintoriginal

Re: I can't choose active speaker

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:26 am

I'd advise going to have a listen, it may be that one of them immediately sounds better to you than the other.

FWIW I haven't owned either but have had positive experiences with RCF speakers.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: I can't choose active speaker

Postby AlecSp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:41 am

vintoriginal wrote:Hey everyone! I am looking for a cheap PA system for DJ'-ing and smaller venues. I want something small and after a lot of search, I choose 2 what looked great for my espectations. Sadly now I can't decide wich one is better.

The 2 models are the "Turbosound Milan M10" and the "RCF Art 310 a MK III".

Wich one I should choose? Positive, negative experience? :)
You might struggle to find people who've compared both.

I can recommend the ART 310, though, a great box. I would however, suggest looking for a pair of ART 710 used, which would be no more, and rather better still.

The other warning sign is that you're a DJ looking for a cheap PA. Thankfully, a decent (and these are decent) contemporary active speaker will sound much better than many cheap/nasty DJ setups, it won't be limitless in it's output. Nor will it have bottomless low end - for that you'd need subs. But work to the strengths of a speaker like this, in a small venue, and you should be happy.
AlecSp
Regular