You are here

used mackie 406M FR series

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

used mackie 406M FR series

Postby exnfox » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:59 pm

i just bought a used mackie 406m and im pretty knowledgeable when it comes to gear and equipment however my problem is that the EFX Bypass light stays lit when i press the button it remains lit ... any ideas why ?
exnfox

Re: used mackie 406M FR series

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:06 pm

The button is in parallel with the remote footswitch socket, and activates the bypass mode (light on) when the control line is grounded. So the most likely is either that the button itself is broken, or the footswitch socket has a bent contact or there's something conductive in there causing a connection to ground.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby exnfox » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:41 pm

thank you very much for your quick respone the efx foot switch was my inital thought on what the possible problem was ... i dont have the switch i tried using a damper pedal from a korg m1 and nothing... is there any other possible solutions >??> doesn't appear to be bent or anything sstuck in there
exnfox

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:57 pm

If it's nothing obvious externally, then it's most likely to be some kind of internal logic fault that will require the services of a skilled technician. I doubt it's anything tragically wrong, but it will probably need some experienced fault-finding techniques to track down the problem and fix it.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound