You are here

X32 Effects Sends Work in IN/LC mode but not in Post-Fader Mode

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

X32 Effects Sends Work in IN/LC mode but not in Post-Fader Mode

Postby vadim9687 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:39 pm

Im using X32 Compact,
Effects Sends only work in IN\LC mode but not in Post-Fader,
as soon as I switch to post fader: silence.

the Effects are Reverb, Delay and DimC on busses 13, 14, 15.

I want to have the mixer set-up so I can send channels to these effects post-fader, and also have these effects returns go to (obviously Mains) and wedges on Busses 9 and 10

Im trying to figure out how to attach a .scn file here
vadim9687
New here

Re: X32 Effects Sends Work in IN/LC mode but not in Post-Fader Mode

Postby Wonks » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Presumably you have the channel faders up? Any post-fader aux send level will also depend on the channel fader position, as well as the aux send level.

The site doesn't host pictures directly. You'll need to host them elsewhere and then post a link with the [img]...[/img] tags around it.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby vadim9687 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:47 pm

yep i have all possible faders up.

here is x32 scene file:
https://gofile.io/?c=BihRD9
vadim9687
New here

Postby Wonks » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:54 pm

I can't open that at all. I was hoping for a screen image as say a .jpg or a .png? I haven't got an X32 myself, so can't load it to have a look.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby vadim9687 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:02 pm

Wonks wrote:I can't open that at all. I was hoping for a screen image as say a .jpg or a .png? I haven't got an X32 myself, so can't load it to have a look.

its a scn scene file x32/m32 mixer
vadim9687
New here

Postby Sam Spoons » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:19 pm

I have it loaded into X32 Edit but I haven't used the app for a long time. I'll keep having a look and get back if I find anything

Have you posted on the X32 forum https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Mixing/bd-p/tribe-mixing?

I suspect you have done this but I'd also check mutes, I've been caught out by a channel being muted on the buss but not to the mains so no mute light unless you went to the appropriate layer.

Matrixs? (I don't use them) MTX1 and 2 are muted?
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby AlecSp » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:43 pm

Had a look on my X32 and can't see a problem. Changed the Send tap for Mixbus 13&14 and 15&16 globally from IN/LC to Post Fader (I did this from within X32-Edit, rather than on the device, in the Sends tab. I didn't have to adjust anything else, but immediately had effects running on the first two vocal channels, for example, in the main mix, listening on headphones. All working as expected - fade down the vocal and its reverb goes too, as you'd expect with a Post Fade send.

The only possible gotchas are that you've got Mute Group 6 set to mute FX1 & FX2 sends & returns - but that was off by default. Also, you've got FX 1-3 sends assigned to DCA 4, but that was up and un-muted by default.

Just checking that you're up-to date on your firmware & software? My X32 is bang up-to-date with v3.11 firmware, and I'm using the latest 3.2 version of X32-Edit.

Otherwise, once I'd changed the Send tap for Mixbus 13-16, all worked as expected.
Link to new scene file with Post-fade sends

Perhaps worth trying a factory reset of the desk, *just* in case?
AlecSp
Regular