You are here

Is it possible to use an audio interface, --> DAW --> OBS Broadcaster for live band streams?

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Is it possible to use an audio interface, --> DAW --> OBS Broadcaster for live band streams?

Postby rellikfolla » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:28 pm

Hey everyone I'm new here, any help would be greatly appreciated!
So what I'm trying to do is stream my band to Twitch or Mixer.. But I want to do it in a specific way..
I'd like to route my mics into my PC with my Tascam 16x08 audio interface, and from there I'd like to add some eq'ing/inserts/plugins to clean up and mold the sound in my DAW (Cubase 5).. and then from there I'd like to send/route the EQ'd/cleaned up sound to my streaming PC.
I have everything going into my recording PC just fine, and I know what I'm doing with most of the DAW stuff.. the issue for me lies with, how can I get that beefed up sound output to my streaming PC.. I can easily bypass the recording PC and go straight to the streaming PC but then it doesn't have any of the EQ'ing and live effects etc that I've added in the DAW..
I'm assuming I need to do some routing in Cubase but I'm not sure what to do or how to do it..
I hope that makes sense.
Thanks in advance.. hopefully someone can help!
-Billy
rellikfolla

Re: Is it possible to use an audio interface, --> DAW --> OBS Broadcaster for live band streams?

Postby rellikfolla » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:39 pm

NM, I figured it out!
rellikfolla

Re: Is it possible to use an audio interface, --> DAW --> OBS Broadcaster for live band streams?

Postby zenguitar » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:05 am

Welcome to the SOS forums. And thanks for letting us know that you’ve found a solution.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra