You are here

Soundcraft GB2 32 CH Mixer

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Soundcraft GB2 32 CH Mixer

Postby manleyelop » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:52 pm

Anyone used the soundcraft Gb2 32ch mixer?
are they recommended as a fairly decent board eq pres sound ect I realise it's not top end & oldish
At the moment I'm using a very old spirit studio (not for recording though) so I'm guessing the Gb2 would be an overall improvement
manleyelop
Regular
Re: Soundcraft GB2 32 CH Mixer

Postby Arpangel » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:06 pm

manleyelop wrote:Anyone used the soundcraft Gb2 32ch mixer?
are they recommended as a fairly decent board eq pres sound ect I realise it's not top end & oldish
At the moment I'm using a very old spirit studio (not for recording though) so I'm guessing the Gb2 would be an overall improvement

I wouldn't say that the GB series is an "upgrade" it'll be a different sound from your Spirit mixer, they had a "nice" sound, it's just a matter of what you prefer, all I'm saying is it's not good assuming something newer is going to be better, or what you will prefer.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby manleyelop » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:09 pm

OK understood thanks kind of what I was wanting to know the spirit is pretty old but works couple of broken pots ect crackles but if the gb isn't much different you say I'm unable to hear both desks side by side to make any judgement I do know the spirit eq seems pretty basic to me in use but I've never used the GB2
manleyelop
Regular

Postby Arpangel » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:28 am

The GB preamps are supposed to be "better" and you get 100mm faders as standard, better build etc. But I used to love the sound of my old Soundcraft RacPac, it had a cosy sound, nice character, I think the later desks were a bit more neutral, but as usual, try and compare, you may like the GB series.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Postby VTypeV4 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:53 am

I always liked the GB series..

I had a GB8 for a while plus I had one on loan whilst my A&H GL3000 was away for service. I felt they were well built, were pretty comprehensive (for their market) and most importantly sounded great - a notable improvement I felt over our previous Spirit Live 4224.
VTypeV4
Regular

Synkronize Music Group: Mastering House, Multi-track recording and bespoke tuition services.

www.synkronize.co.uk & www.facebook.com/synkronizemusicgroup
Equipped with Yamaha, A&H, JBL, Sony, TC Electronic, DBX and MOTU.