You are here

Powering nexo speakers

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Powering nexo speakers

Postby gsc1ugs » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:39 am

If the nexo amps are hard to find used what other make of amp will do the job for ps10’s and ls500’s. thxs
gsc1ugs
Regular

Re: Powering nexo speakers

Postby Wonks » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:09 am

None. If you want a Nexo system and a Nexo sound, use Nexo speakers and amps. If you don't, it's likely to sound poorer than your current system. If you can't afford a Nexo system, then save up for one and stop worrying about it. What you've got is fine. A Nexo system won't cure any of your current PA 'issues'.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby Luke W » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:59 am

Yep, as above. The amp powers both the sub and the tops and does the appropriate processing and signal splitting to make this happen, so just hooking up a different amp won't work as expected and also has the potential to do some damage along the way.

That would also make me worry about one being sold without the other.
Luke W
Regular
Techie / Musician Of Sorts

Postby gsc1ugs » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:38 pm

Loads on fleebay, nexo controller but QSC or crown or powersoft amps. Thanks for letting me know
gsc1ugs
Regular

Postby AlecSp » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:19 pm

Nothing wrong with using third party amps to power Nexo speakers - but using the appropriate Nexo controller, configured correctly is the absolute must. Don't stint on the amps, Nexo PS range are fairly power hungry. Using the dedicated Nexo amps is a much more elegant and forgiving system, but comes at big-boy prices, as does all pro kit.

But we still come back to the issue that, based on everything you have told us over the last how many months, if you're hugely disappointed with the sound you're getting from your DXR15s, you're likely to be disappointed by the sound you will get from your expensive Nexo rig.

Your speakers are not the weakest link in the chain.
AlecSp
Regular

Postby gsc1ugs » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:24 pm

:lol: I get it, just get my dxs15’s and away i go.
gsc1ugs
Regular