You are here

RCF Evox 12

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

RCF Evox 12

Postby gsc1ugs » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:05 pm

Well, i aint gone that easy, with a quote off l'acoustics for the A10W system more or less putting me in hospital i spoke to a knowledgeable guy in this area and he mentioned the RCF Evox 12 is the best choice for ease of use at this level. Your simple answers are appreciated and along with your criticisms.
gsc1ugs
Regular

Re: RCF Evox 12

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:58 pm

I haven't used one. But my observation is that a pair would be around £3.5k, slightly more than a pair of DZR10s and a DXS15 mk2 sub which go significantly louder.

The only way to find out is to listen to them in a room big enough that you can turn them up to gig levels. Compare side by side with the DZRs and your own DXR15s. PMT in Salford have both in stock according to their website, if you can get there at a quiet time I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to demo at proper volume.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: RCF Evox 12

Postby shufflebeat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:29 am

Sam Spoons wrote:PMT in Salford have both in stock according to their website, if you can get there at a quiet time I'm pretty sure they'll be happy to demo at proper volume.

No idea where you are, G, but if Salford is local I'd be interested in hearing that.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
Apple Watch - the slowest of all the nature programmes.