You are here

Di Box Thru PA?

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Re: Di Box Thru PA?

Postby The Elf » Sun May 17, 2020 1:21 pm

..and an explanation for those of us who still see electronics as magic? :?:
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby ManFromGlass » Sun May 17, 2020 1:46 pm

What are you saying? :D
Those lines and squiggles can only be the runes of an ancient secret cult.
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby AlecSp » Mon May 18, 2020 12:17 pm

1LastRide wrote:I appreciate the feedback from all of you! I pulled the trigger, like a virgin on his first lap dance, lol. I did order the d120. I'll probably regret it. My apologies for not waiting on responses. You know us Americans tend to jump the gun and not listen to reason. Lol. I will definitely look into the orchid or Art products. Thanks again for the feedback and also Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
You do have to wonder why anyone would ask about buying a product, and then buy it immediately, despite 8 people replying within 24 hours that it's about the worst product in its class. :headbang:

Your last redemption offer is to send it straight back.

As to a suitable one, the Orchid DIs would always be my low-mid price recommendation for UK folk. Not sure how easily available they would be in the US, though. Orchid is a direct consumer operation. Contact them and I'm sure they'll give you a US price. It may be, by some miracle, that they honour their standard "delivery included" price to US folk, but I'd be surprised.
AlecSp
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon May 18, 2020 12:49 pm

I guess he was in a hurry to buy something to try and cure his ground loop issue...

Just sad that not only did he buy completely the wrong type of product to solve his problem, he bought the worst possible variant of that product despite the comprehensive and unanimous contrary advice.

A better solution all round would actually have been to buy a new mixer that has proper balanced outputs... No point bodging a bodge...
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Sam Spoons » Mon May 18, 2020 2:42 pm

AlecSp wrote:As to a suitable one, the Orchid DIs would always be my low-mid price recommendation for UK folk. Not sure how easily available they would be in the US, though. Orchid is a direct consumer operation. Contact them and I'm sure they'll give you a US price. It may be, by some miracle, that they honour their standard "delivery included" price to US folk, but I'd be surprised.

Orchid have this to say WRT overseas customers :- "All products can be sent anywhere in the world using the 'Small Packet' service - which uses air mail and is inexpensive. Payment can be made in Euros, US Dollars and other currencies using Paypal."
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Previous