You are here

Sennheiser Wireless Microphone Matching

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Sennheiser Wireless Microphone Matching

Postby BenH2020 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:50 pm

Hi all,

A few questions.

1. I am trying to find out whether or not a Sennheiser G1 EW300 receiver would work with a Sennheiser EW100 G2 transmitter (beltpack) on channel 70 (UK license exempt)?

2. If they do work together, how many could I run at the same time on channel 70?

3. I also have a EW100 G1 receiver. Would a EW100 G3 transmitter (beltpack) work with this receiver?

4. Do all generations of EW series receivers and transmitters work together?

I have also contacted Sennheiser, but awaiting their response.

Thanks for your time.
BenH2020
New here

Re: Sennheiser Wireless Microphone Matching

Postby Sam Spoons » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:58 pm

I have an EW100 G1 transmitter I use with a G3 receiver which works fine but you have to turn the pilot tone off and the transmitter does not send batter info to the G3 receiver. Couldn't say if the reverse works though.

Ch70 will run a max of four simultaneous RX/TX combinations
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Re: Sennheiser Wireless Microphone Matching

Postby Mike Stranks » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:59 pm

I understand that all of the Sennheiser EW 'G' series are compatible with each other. I mix 'n' match a little with no apparent deleterious effects.

Maximum number of devices that you can safely use within Channel 70 is four. Anything more - however carefully spaced on the spectrum - can cause problems. Been there... :oops:

I have a list here of recommended spacings which I use and has never failed me yet. I'm sure I found it online somewhere...

Hope that helps.

[Edit... Great minds... :) ]
Mike Stranks
Jedi Poster