You are here

What is a good Multiverb for Hall type effects?

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Re: What is a good Multiverb for Hall type effects?

Postby mikehende » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:42 pm

I will be looking into the ZVERB, thanks.

I was told that the Eventide H9 would be a great unit but expensive. I would have loved to have such a unit if I could have afforded it also because you can control the fx on your phone via bluetooth. That is my ultimate aim to find a unit from which I can trigger the effects from my phone and seems the H9 might be the only one which has this.

I had owned the TC Electronics M300 years ago but it's Room effects did not sound real to me.

The Sony DSP's might be worth looking into because I have an older Sony Surround system which has a few Hall fx and it sounds good.

I am currently looking into Lexicon MX300 which I was told would give a more real or natural room effect and has a good variety of Rooms and halls options
mikehende
Regular

Postby resistorman » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 am

Arpangel wrote:

I’m getting one of these, those time buttons are just what I need, mine will be permanently stuck on 70”s.
I hope the flux capacitor has been upgraded?

:D :D :D
It has indeed! You just have to turn the fidelity knob...
resistorman
Frequent Poster

Postby mikehende » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:58 pm

Hey guys, just reporting back. I got the Lexicon MX200 and man is that a super clean and quiet unit! Lots of different effects. I very highly recommend it.

I still am still thinking of getting the Boss GigaDelay but now not sure it would be necessary.
mikehende
Regular

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:18 pm

:thumbup: MX200 is a nice bit of kit, we used to have one at the PA company.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby mikehende » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Yeah I just got to learn how to use all functions now from the manual and experimenting but I am super happy with it. I can't see what advantages the GigaDelay or even the ZVERB might have over this machine?
mikehende
Regular

Postby CS70 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:43 pm

Well since we are at it - has anybody any idea on how the M200 or M500 compare to a Lexi PCM or the TC Electronics M3000? We have a PCM something at the studio and I miss it when when mixing at home, because of the physical interface... but they are expensive.

The application is not so much about space or glue reverb - for which plugins do fine with no problem - but getting an effected sound on studio mixes (not live).

The M series is way cheaper here, and the recall via USB is great so it's very tempting.. but on the other forum the word is that they are absolutely inferior to a PCM. However, that place has an inordinate amount of opinionated horse manure, so if someone had an idea here, I'd be happy...

An alternative I'm seriously considering is the TC Electronic DVR250-DT, I have their dynamic delay and love both the sound and the small hardware interface. I *think* I want to try that, but I've never heard a Lexicon M series so I'm very curious.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Previous