You are here

Slave for JBL Eon One

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Slave for JBL Eon One

Postby lofty » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi, we have a ceilidh band (presently moribund!) and use an Eon One for most gigs, we like it. Sometimes we play on the long side of a function suite/hall and find that a single speaker is unsatisfactory in terms of sound balance. We would like a second slave speaker, but buying another Eon seems extravagant. Can anyone recommend a cheaper simpler linear array style active speaker that would do the job? Thanks
lofty
New here

Re: Slave for JBL Eon One

Postby gabewilliams75 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:02 pm

The JBL EON ONE Pro (battery powered version) has just had a price reduction, as low as $599 online now, maybe that's an option for you?
gabewilliams75

Postby Watchmaker » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 pm

look at the EON 600's

err scratch that. Looks like the Eon One only has RCA outs. Not very extensible.
Watchmaker
Frequent Poster
Take my advice, I'm not using it.

Postby lofty » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:10 am

Thanks guys, we presently borrow a Bose L1 and use the RCA output, but we need our own kit. I noticed that there are now a number of companies making array style speakers, Citronic, LD, QTX, Behringer and others, wonder whether any of them would do the job. Maybe you only get what you pay for. Originally we had tripod mounted QTX's, did the job but balancing them on and off tripods became too hard, hence floor speakers. Anyway, thanks for your input.
lofty
New here

Postby Sam Spoons » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:44 am

I'd buy another Eon One. The saving made by buying something cheaper is not worth the compromise IMO.

Is the Eon One just the caller's voice or do you run other instruments through it? If the latter do you use the onboard mixer or an external mixer?
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........