You are here

pristine sounds 2000/2005 and abandonware

Post your own hardware/software reviews.

pristine sounds 2000/2005 and abandonware

Postby abby normal » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:49 pm

hello all, i am in a bit of a sticky wicket regarding Pristine Sounds 2000/2005. i need to know if anybody else here has any experience with this software and if so, if they know that it is abandonware, IOW the vendor website www.alienconnections.com is dead, and its nominal owner peavey knows nothing about it and doesn't return any emails or phone calls in its product support section. my old windows 98 puter got too long in the tooth to run any new software programs so i had to migrate to a newer windows 7 puter, and when i tried to install PS2000 using compatibility mode, it still wouldn't install, so i installed a copy of PS2005 i'd gotten several years back, and when i tried to obtain a license from alienconnections.com nothing was forthcoming, i kept getting the message "no such product!" the upshot of all this is i need to find somebody else here who is willing to sell me their copy of Pristine Sounds 2005 with product key, as this software's "paintbrush" function is not duplicated anywhere else. adobe audition's "healing" brush is not similar in the least. with the paintbrush i could spot-iron-out nonlinearities in the waveform [thumps, bumps and soft pops as well as clicks/crackles] in a totally unique and effective way that no other software could emulate even remotely. i NEED this software up and running for me to continue my audio restoration work in the same effective manner. thanx in advance for any replies.
abby normal
New here

Re: pristine sounds 2000/2005 and abandonware

Postby abby normal » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:24 pm

post-post-script-
alienconnections.com did reply to my emails after a week and were nice enough to send me my license. i don't know what i would've done without this software! so at least in my case, i can't say that pristine sounds 2005 is really abandonware, yet. but their website [alienconnections.com] still seems to me to be on autopilot [their forums are closed] and their nominal owner peavey seems indifferent. but there is no other software that does what their product does. i mention this because i don't want alienconnections.com [if any body behind the curtain is noticing] to be mad at me. :)
abby normal
New here

Re: pristine sounds 2000/2005 and abandonware

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:49 pm

Glad you're sorted abby, and thanks for updating the thread to let other people know 8-)

Martin
Martin Walker