You are here

Microphone Stand - Latch Lake micKing 1100

Post your own hardware/software reviews.

Microphone Stand - Latch Lake micKing 1100

Postby martin spreckley » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:25 am

Hi i got the new Latch Lake micKing 1100 microphone stand a couple of days ago and actually ordered mine a while back, 1st one to receive mine in the UK. I contacted Oliver at https://www.biggerboatdistribution.com/latch-lake.html who ship them into the uk really helpful guy who put me in touch with Dale Chapman who at SX Pro Audio | Selling the Very Best in Professional Audio was of really good help as well so i would really recommend buying one from these guys SX Pro Audio | Selling the Very Best in Professional Audio they are really helpful.

Hope you all find this helpful if you are looking to buy a new Mike stand.

Genuinely WOW ! is the my honest opinion.

The moment i signed for the Latch Lake 1100 and took it off of the UPS delivery driver i could feel the weight of Quality with in.

Yes The Latch Lake micKing 1100 weighs a bit but not to heavy that you would have trouble with moving it around the studio or to and from different locations, in fact just right amount of weight to it in my opinion.

I am very very very hard guy to please as i am kinda very fussy about the design and build Quality and user experience Of anything i purchase in life but this has ticked all the right boxes in my opinion.

I can tell that a lot of thought has gone into this microphone stand and hard work and am really looking forward in using it in my studio

I really do think that the Latch Lake MicKing 1100 will become a classic microphone stand.

Easy to use 10 out of 10 so easy to adjust and it keeps your microphone exactly where you have set it and will not sag or fall and is really the best for both heavy valve mikes and light ones to.

Build Quality 10 out of 10 looks and feels very solid i doubt that you could even forcibly purposely break this microphone stand it is that well made unless you drove over it with a Tank.

Value for money 10 out of 10 as it has ticked all the right boxes for me.

highly recommended if any of you are wanting to buy a microphone stand, these really are the Rolls Royce of microphone stands for sure.
martin spreckley

Re: Microphone Stand - Latch Lake micKing 1100

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:42 am

I have just reviewed the MicKing 1100 -- it will appear in the magazine very soon.

It is certainly very solid and well designed, borrowing the lever latch and boom arm clutch mechanisms from the 2200 and 3300 models.

It is considerably heavier than similarly sized mic stands from K&M et al, which is great for static studio use, but not very friendly for location working unless you work out a lot! ;)

Two major differences from the 2200/3300 models is that the base is now a folding tripod arrangement (like most other stands of this size), instead of the circular wheeled base of the larger models; and it ships with a 1kg counterbalance weight, but optional 0.5 and 2kg weights can be purchased and screwed in to allow better balancing with particularly heavy (or light) mics, if required.

As for value for money, that's going to depend on your perception. List is £252 inc VAT... which is heck of a lot compared to the K&M standards... but it is more substantial and the lever locks and clutch are better designs.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby martin spreckley » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:57 am

Hello Hugh i look forward to reading your review of the Latch Lake MicKing 1100 please let me no what issue it will appear in please.

As from my perspective I really do think that this microphone stand is the very best on the market, yes it is a lot of money but you really get what you pay for and am very pleased that i did buy it.

Build quality really is top notch and the clamping system really is the best design on any microphone stand i have ever used it is quick and easy to use and very strong.

I also love the other accessories you can buy for this microphone stand in which i am about to order.

As a end user i can tell you that i am really very pleased with it and based on all that i have said about it, it becomes value for money once you see how well it is designed and built.

Please let me no when you review is out in the sound on sound magazine

Kindest Regards

Martin
martin spreckley

Postby Jack Ruston » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 am

It's fantastic. I've also been using their clamp boom arm with spinning end thing. SO USEFUL. Highly recommended.

J
Jack Ruston
Frequent Poster (Level2)