You are here

Hollow Sun products

Post your own hardware/software reviews.

Hollow Sun products

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:27 am

I have spent a good few months working on a few retro projects and it was rather wonderful to get reacquainted with Hollow Sun's products again. So I thought I would make a short post to encourage those that aren't familiar with Steve's products (Steve sadly passed away a few years ago) to check 'em out. I believe they are still available to purchase:

http://www.hollowsun.com/

These instruments are a joy to use and sound amazing. No, really they do. Steve was a master of his craft. If you are after that retro vibe and want something a bit special, look no further.

The crazy thing is, they are exceptionally reasonably priced.
Guest

Re: Hollow Sun products

Postby Scramble » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:57 am

All true. Fantastic instruments at good prices.
Scramble
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2466
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:00 am
 

Re: Hollow Sun products

Postby The Elf » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:14 pm

The Hollowsun library is easily my most used. Steve had the ability to make his samples musically usable in a way that others never seem to have grasped. I still miss him.
User avatar
The Elf
Jedi Poster
Posts: 13435
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Sheffield, UK
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Re: Hollow Sun products

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:36 pm

The Elf wrote:The Hollowsun library is easily my most used. Steve had the ability to make his samples musically usable in a way that others never seem to have grasped. I still miss him.

Indeed.

The Vox Continental and Vermona are my particular faves. Ooh, and RMI Piano. And the Novachord.

The Vox Conti is a thing of wonder and I haven't heard one better.
Guest

Re: Hollow Sun products

Postby Martin Walker » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:48 am

Yep, Steve had the ability to create sample libraries that sounded musical without requiring gigabytes of RAM - he was a true expert at his craft, and sadly missed.

Here's my SOS review of his wonderful Novachord library:

http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/hol ... -novachord

Image


Martin
User avatar
Martin Walker
Moderator
Posts: 14955
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:44 am
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: Hollow Sun products

Postby ManFromGlass » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:49 am

How could one pass up buying a synth called Broken? I was very impressed with the quality and just the entire thing, and it made me laugh.
User avatar
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Posts: 2539
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:00 am
Location: In the woods in Canada
 

Re: Hollow Sun products

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:55 am

Martin Walker wrote:Yep, Steve had the ability to create sample libraries that sounded musical without requiring gigabytes of RAM - he was a true expert at his craft, and sadly missed.

Here's my SOS review of his wonderful Novachord library:

http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/hol ... -novachord

Image


Martin

Excellent review Martin! The Novachord is indeed wonderful. It offers some sounds that I don't think you can get elsewhere. Great if you want something just a little bit different in your music.

I hope more people check out HS products because they should be in every composer's plug-in library!

ManFromGlass wrote:How could one pass up buying a synth called Broken? I was very impressed with the quality and just the entire thing, and it made me laugh.

Yeah, and it's a fiver. I mean...it's ridiculous.

http://www.hollowsun.com/HS2/sli/broken/index.htm
Guest


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users