You are here

USA computer musicians: Shoutout to ADK Computers

Post your own hardware/software reviews.

USA computer musicians: Shoutout to ADK Computers

Postby alexis » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:57 pm

I just wanted to give a huge shoutout to ADKChris, one of the ADK guys. For those who don't know, ADK is a company that builds and sells "bespoke" music computers in the States.

I have a system bought in April 2014, so going on 3 years old. They have a life-long policy of free phone and remote control support, and so I recently set up a phone help session with him re: post W10 AE tweaks.

He spent **90 full minutes** on the phone with me, remote-controlled into my computer, and everyone one of those minutes was with a helpful and with a sunny disposition. He went through every program to make sure I was using it and it wasn't bloatware, downloaded untold number of new drivers, then played a busy Cubase project of mine multiple times to fine tune the Cubase and UAD settings.

Oh, and did I mention he educated and answered questions the whole way?

I have learned so much from the SOS forums, to the point that I can even help others with some of their DAW problems (whereas when I got started, I had never even heard of the terms "Device Manager", "ASIO", "buffer", etc.). But even so, as mainly an amateur musician (much more than a computer guru) I can't imagine how long it would have taken me to get all that right on my own (if ever ... there's a fair chance I would have messed it up so badly that it wouldn't start or something).

Bottom line - based on my experience, my recommendation for folks in the States that want to do music, and are not extremely technically skilled computerwise - buy a system from ADK. Lifelong full support of this type is worth 10-100x more than the premium one pays over an off-the-shelf Best Buy or Dell computer. Not to mention the components in the computer are guaranteed to work nicely with each other from Day 1.

Thanks, ADK - one happy customer here!
alexis
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Cubase 9.0.1; i5-4570 3.2GHz,16GB RAM;W10 64bit on Samsung SSD840 Pro256GB;Seagte 1TB SATA600 Audio;UR28M;Motif8;UAD2Solo;Jamstix 3.3;BCF2K;TC Helicon VoiceOne;RevoicePro3.2

Re: USA computer musicians: Shoutout to ADK Computers

Postby blinddrew » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:16 pm

That deserves a big thumbs up! :thumbup:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Hi alexis!

I'm happy to give a thumbs up for ADK Pro Audio! :thumbup:

Scott Chichelli ( the owner of ADK Media Group LLC) took part in my 'Audio PC Manufacturer Round Table' discussion back in SOS May 2011 8-)

http://www.soundonsound.com/people/machine-heads

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby artzmusic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Thanks goodness they don't go by IDK. :!:
artzmusic
Regular

Postby alexis » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Martin Walker wrote:Hi alexis!

I'm happy to give a thumbs up for ADK Pro Audio! :thumbup:

Scott Chichelli ( the owner of ADK Media Group LLC) took part in my 'Audio PC Manufacturer Round Table' discussion back in SOS May 2011 8-)

http://www.soundonsound.com/people/machine-heads

Martin

Thanks for that link, Martin! I was able to get through the article much further than in 2011 before my eyes started glazing over ... I'm happy about that!
alexis
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Cubase 9.0.1; i5-4570 3.2GHz,16GB RAM;W10 64bit on Samsung SSD840 Pro256GB;Seagte 1TB SATA600 Audio;UR28M;Motif8;UAD2Solo;Jamstix 3.3;BCF2K;TC Helicon VoiceOne;RevoicePro3.2

Postby Martin Walker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:03 pm

alexis wrote:Thanks for that link, Martin! I was able to get through the article much further than in 2011 before my eyes started glazing over ... I'm happy about that!

Bravo!! :clap: :thumbup: :geek: :mrgreen:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby Pete Kaine » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Nope... it's no good. I'm still glazing over... :tongue: ... in fact, speaking of glazing.

Last time I spoke to Scott he had stepped back slightly and was enjoying concentrating on his restaurant on the side. So now you can grab a nice slab of steak with your processors.

Chris seems to be the tech guru over there these days and we've chatted a few times, knows his stuff and it's good to know the ADK customers remain in great hands as always.
Pete Kaine
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Kit to fuel your G.A.S - https://www.scan.co.uk/shop/pro-audio