You are here

Behringer QX2442USB Mixer

Post your own hardware/software reviews.

Behringer QX2442USB Mixer

Postby Arpangel » Wed May 01, 2019 10:45 am

It's taken me a long time to buy this mixer, I'm not normally a Behringer fan, having had bad experiences in the past with their mixers regarding sound quallity.
I looked at the competition, and couldn't find anything to compete with this Behringer mixer in terms of inputs and facilities offered for the price. There were similar ones, but I really didn't want to spend two or three times what this mixer cost me.
I was extremely pleasantly surprised, after thinking it was going to be an instant "send it back" situation.
IMO Behringer have really got their act together in recent years, especially after the Midas merger. My impressions of this mixer are....very good sound quality, I prefer it to my previous Mackie, which is a bit harder, not as big/warm as the Berry.
The EQ is nice, and works well on my synths and electric piano, the mid range especially, you can tune it to be just in the right place for my favourite Rhodes sound.
I'm using this mixer mainly for synths, but it is hooked up to my computer for general recording, and the I/O is just great, inserts, direct outputs, 4 aux sends/returns, 4/8 sub outs, 4 stereo inputs and 8 mono. The Klark Teknic effects are a bonus, and more than usable, with plenty of variation.
I don't know what more I can say, I'm really surprised at how good this mixer is, I had to share my feelings here, I'm actually bowled over by it.
If any of you reading this needs a mixer for a similar situation you need to check this out, dont dismiss it on the basis of who made it, or the price, if it lasts and doesn't break down it's a bargain.
Arpangel
Frequent Poster

Re: Behringer QX2442USB Mixer

Postby blinddrew » Wed May 01, 2019 11:03 am

I've got an X2222USB (slightly older, without the Klark Technik effects) and had a couple of 1202s and they've all been really useful tools. And they've stood up to the rigours and abuses of gigs/practices/open-mic nights faultlessly.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: Behringer QX2442USB Mixer

Postby Arpangel » Wed May 01, 2019 4:40 pm

blinddrew wrote:I've got an X2222USB (slightly older, without the Klark Technik effects) and had a couple of 1202s and they've all been really useful tools. And they've stood up to the rigours and abuses of gigs/practices/open-mic nights faultlessly.

Yes, thats good, I'm using it in a home studio it won't go out on the road, so it should stand a fair chance of survival!
Arpangel
Frequent Poster