You are here

SOS Magazine subscription tear out a test

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

SOS Magazine subscription tear out a test

Postby Alperian » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:50 pm

I bought the September copy of SOS from WHSmiths. It is getting rarer and less common to find SOS out there. My local Sainsbury's and Tesco supermarkets used to stock it. No longer.

There is a tear-out insert in it for a subscription special offer which i thought I would give a go. Amazingly everything that is printed on it is erroneous. The link www.soundonsound.com/subscription does not exist. The promo code does not work anywhere.

On the reverse side it has a form where I could order the subscription if I put my card details including the security code on it and send it in via post. Who would do that and sleep at night?

Please get your shit together SOS and get this special offer sorted out.

Alternatively, it might be one of those tests from MI6 at Cheltenham GCHQ in which case I have failed and I won't be recruited for the field anytime soon, so can I have a subscription instead?
Alperian
Poster

Re: SOS Magazine subscription tear out a test

Postby zenguitar » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:20 am

Hi Alperian,

Sounds like a bad link. There is a subscription link at the top of the page that you could try, this link will take you straight to it...

http://www.soundonsound.com/shop/subscriptions

And if you have problems using the voucher code there, the SOS Support Portal has a dedicated subscriptions page with further help. And if all else fails, you can contact the subscriptions department direct through that page. They really are very helpful, the couple of problems I've had over many years have been sorted out quickly and effectively.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:47 pm

Alperian wrote:I bought the September copy of SOS from WHSmiths. It is getting rarer and less common to find SOS out there. My local Sainsbury's and Tesco supermarkets used to stock it. No longer.

Supermarkets are notoriously fickle and entirely profit-focused when it comes to which magazines they allow on their shelves. They want titles that sell in big numbers, and SOS just doesn't compete on that basis against a lot of other less niche titles.

Obviously, we do our best to maximise the distribution of the magazine, but there's only so much we can do... If you want guaranteed access, the best solution is a subscription. It's better value and higher convenience for you, and it's better for us, too!

However...

Amazingly everything that is printed on it is erroneous....

...I can only apologise on behalf of SOS. I've raised your post with the MD who is looking into what happened and to make sure it doesn't happen again.

It's no excuse, I know, but part of the problem appears to be down to initial teething troubles relating to the change-over to our new website system and all the integrated back-office functions.

As of this lunchtime, though, the link: http://www.soundonsound.com/subscription ...does now go where it should, and the team is currently investigating why the WH Smith promo code isn't working.

Luci, who looks after subscriptions is currently away on holiday until the end of the month, but if you can hang on until then I would suggest you contact her through the Support pages and I'm sure she will be able to sort out your subscription offer.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Ellis Sutehall » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Thanks for letting us know about the problem. We have looked into it and indeed a found a glitch that both prevented you accessing the correct page and the code from working.

We believe both aspects have now been resolved so please do try again. Feel free to post here if you have any more questions or problems.
Ellis Sutehall
Regular
Web Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Alperian » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:18 pm

Thank you very much. You are not a big bank or a corporate. You are the good guys and your s is he only magazine in this genre of worth.

Not your fault however, is the inclusion of a link in your Max for Live Devices article where there is a reason controller which sounded great. However. It is not available.

Worse, I have contacted the author http://www.maxforlive.com/library/devic ... m4l-reason and info@maxforlive.com and just been ignored.

Does that mean that alarm bells need to be peeled for Ableton's Max device support?
Alperian
Poster