You are here

Forum Time Glitch

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Forum Time Glitch

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:58 am

If anyone has noticed that their posts into the forum appear to be marked with the wrong time stamp now that the clocks have gone back, there appears to be a glitch in the link-up between the forum software and the main SOS website software that we're looking into...

...but in the meantime we have a 'quick fix'.

If you check the bottom of any forum page, where it says 'Who is online?', it should say 'All Times are UTC'

If it doesn't, then when you are logged in, click on 'My Account' at the top of the web page, then on the 'Edit' tab, and then scroll to the bottom and click on 'Save'. There's no need to change any of the settings, just re-save your existing profile. This forces a re-sync with the SOS website database and the correct time zones are then implemented.

If you then go back to the forum index and check the system time again, it should now read UTC (as opposed to UTC +01.00), and your posts should be time-stamped correctly.

If the forum time is correct, but your personal posts are shown with the wrong time, check your Regional Settings (My account, Edit, Regional Settings -- near the bottom), and make sure you have the correct location and time zone set up.

This is the first daylight-saving transistion we've gone through with the new website and forum software, hence this issue has only just been discovered. The team are working on a permanent solution to avoid this happening again next spring!

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: Forum Time Glitch

Postby Kwackman » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:01 am

Perfect timing!
I'd just spent a few minutes trying to find how to change the time and was about to ask how to do this.
I'd never have figured out the answer!
Kwackman
Frequent Poster
Cubase, guitars.

Re: Forum Time Glitch

Postby Martin Walker » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 am

Kwackman wrote:Perfect timing!
I'd just spent a few minutes trying to find how to change the time and was about to ask how to do this.
I'd never have figured out the answer!

Good job the team are figuring out the way for this to happen automatically next Spring then Kwackman ;)

Actually, like most things here, it's normally a case of 'it's easy once you know how :headbang:

Martin
Martin Walker