You are here

24 month subscription option?

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

24 month subscription option?

Postby shurikt » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:04 am

It's time to renew, and I'm a little confused by the current renewal options. For the last several years, I've paid $89 for 24 months of print+web. Now my only web-included option appears to be $78 for 12 months of print+web+tablet.

Am I missing a link somewhere, or are you really asking for a 75% price increase and requiring me to buy something I can't use (a tablet version)?
shurikt
Poster

Re: 24 month subscription option?

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi, I'm not sure about the current sub offers and the people that do know wont be around until Monday. Im sure they can sort this out, though, and I'll make sure someone gets back to you then if you don't mind waiting a little while.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Kwackman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:40 am

I got a "Subscription due" email last week, and also noticed the Print + Web option seems to have gone and the 2 year option too, although I think the 2 year option wasn't available last year either.

I sent a query via the support form asking about the Print + Web option late on Friday, so I'll probably find out later this week.

I assume there's a (business?) reason it was dropped, maybe few people bought that option?

If it is no longer available I'll just go for the print version, but if it's viable it would be great to have the old "P+W" option reinstated.
Kwackman
Frequent Poster
Cubase, guitars.

Postby Lucinda Harper » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:39 am

Hi,

Thank you for your post. We no longer offer a 2 Year subscription offer as we were having less and less people selecting that, after some consideration we also changed the type of subscriptions available to Print + Digital, Digital or Print only, this was due to a lack of take up on the Print + Web subscription.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me direct lucinda.harper@soundonsound.com.

Lucinda
Lucinda Harper
New here
Lucinda Harper

Postby shurikt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Lucinda Harper wrote:We no longer offer a 2 Year subscription offer as we were having less and less people selecting that, after some consideration we also changed the type of subscriptions available to Print + Digital, Digital or Print only, this was due to a lack of take up on the Print + Web subscription.

So to answer my question:

Yes, in order to access past articles, you're asking for a 75% increase.
shurikt
Poster

Postby zenguitar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:00 pm

To be fair, all magazine content on the web is unlocked after 6 months and free for all to view. This might explain why there were so few takers for the Print and Web subscription.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm

shurikt wrote:So to answer my question:

Yes, in order to access past articles, you're asking for a 75% increase.

Or alternatively, for several years we were able to offer a stunningly good deal with a huge discount and you wisely took full advantage of it. :-D

Big discounts only work if you can sell them in large volume and it seems that level of take up isn't there now.

Being sensible for a moment, the current SOS subscription represents very good value compared to any of the other comparable magazines. Nothing else reviews so many products in each issue, carries so many expert features, or provides such genuinely independent and informed comment and opinion.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby shurikt » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:26 am

zenguitar wrote:To be fair, all magazine content on the web is unlocked after 6 months and free for all to view. This might explain why there were so few takers for the Print and Web subscription

I didn't know that. That changes the value proposition. I've never not had digital access to old issues (as far as I know, including when I would buy them on CD.) That would have been helpful to know.

Hugh Robjohns wrote:Being sensible for a moment, the current SOS subscription represents very good value compared to any of the other comparable magazines.

Totally agree.
shurikt
Poster