You are here

Ehrlund EHR-H stand adapter

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Ehrlund EHR-H stand adapter

Postby Wonks » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:00 pm

After reading the review of the Ehrlund EHR-H mic in the current (December 2018) issue of SOS, I'd like to point out that the Ehrlund EHR-H isn't the only mic out there with a dual-thread mic clip adapter.

The AKG D40 has one (introduced in 2015) as does the similar looking AKG P4.

And also the Gear4Music SubZero SZD-30, which is their premium house-brand copy of the AKG P4 (and does a near identical job of it at half the price). I'd swear the clip used is the exact same one as used on the AKGs - well, they are all made in China.

Here's the D40:

I can fit them on my K&M stands but have to remove the knurled locking ring in order to do so.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Re: Ehrlund EHR-H stand adapter

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Wonks wrote:I'd like to point out that the Ehrlund EHR-H isn't the only mic out there with a dual-thread mic clip adapter.

I didn't imagine it would be, but it's not something I have come across before. Interesting to know others are using the same idea, although as you say it's probably common across a range of mics that use the same Chinese-made stand-adaptors.

It's a neat idea, but as I said it would only fit on one of the mic stands I had around at the time I did that review -- which was a K&M stand, as it happens. The shafts on all the others were too fat to fit... but maybe my mic-stand preferences are too exotic! :lol:

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Re: Ehrlund EHR-H stand adapter

Postby Wonks » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:35 pm

It's a neat idea and not a problem for the majority of standard live performance mic stands (at least at your average pub or club gig), where not having an adapter handy is more likely than in a controlled studio environment.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853