You are here

Bose S1 Pro overkill?

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Bose S1 Pro overkill?

Postby Wonks » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:26 pm

It's already been fully reviewed in SOS, and covered in Forum posts, so surely saying it appeared at NAMM is hardly news?

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/bose- ... -namm-2019
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Re: Bose S1 Pro overkill?

Postby Forum Admin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:55 pm

The team usually set up shoots with each company well in advance and we have to take them on their word that they've got something new to show us... turned out we got our hands on the kit for review earlier than anticipated but it's always good to see these things in the YouTube flesh.
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH SOS 11,065 articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
Get FREE Full Issue PDF Digital Mag: https://sosm.ag/FreePDF

Postby CS70 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:33 pm

Forum Admin wrote:The team usually set up shoots with each company well in advance and we have to take them on their word that they've got something new to show us... turned out we got our hands on the kit for review earlier than anticipated but it's always good to see these things in the YouTube flesh.

Think that my friends at Mezzabarba are at NAMM as well. Killer amps, loaned one for the last recording and was very fun to play.
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:37 pm

Wonks wrote:It's already been fully reviewed in SOS, and covered in Forum posts, so surely saying it appeared at NAMM is hardly news?

The Namm videos show what the various companies exhibiting there are promoting as new products this year, and the S1 is the latest offering from Bose and they are very proud of it -- and rightly so in my view: it's a great bit of kit!

It's not new to regular SOS readers, but it is new to NAMM and some people only come to the site to check out the show videos. We often end up videoing things at the American AES that's been seen and/or reported previously from NAMM or MusikMesse, too because it's 'show news'.

Of course, PW did also mention at the top of the video that we had already reviewed it, but that he hadn't seen it in the flesh, and its always nice to be able to add a video demo of a product to supplement a written review.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby blinddrew » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:01 pm

And although the dimensions were quoted in the review it's good to really see what that means in reality.
Small!
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:03 am

blinddrew wrote:Small!

Yes, but it sounds a lot bigger! It's really very impressive -- after Mike's glowing review I tried one myself and ended up having to possess one which I now use for my keyboard rehearsals and as a stage monitor.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound