You are here

Apple Notes

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Apple Notes

Postby IAA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:36 am

I used to find the Apple notes section of the mag a great source of advice and cautionary considerations. I miss it. Given the amount of change in OSX and Logic for that matter (and all the iOS landscape) I was wondering if a concise page written from the perspective of musicians and engineers might ever make a reappearance.
I, as many others on these forums do, occasionally participate in some of the Logic forums and I think there’s an increasing need for some straightforward, low technical advice.

Anyway I just wondered if I’m alone in wanting this?

There are one or two Jedis on here who I’m sure could help out the good folk at SOS towers.
:D
IAA
Regular

Re: Apple Notes

Postby Wonks » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Apple and PC notes are gone forever. It's been raised many times, and the answer is always no, I'm afraid.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby IAA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Well that’s that then. :(
IAA
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:29 pm

Nothing is forever...

...And occasional features covering specific issues with OS updates are a definite possibility.

But I think a regular feature column is unlikely given the pressures on page counts and the greatly reduced need for OS tweaking these days.

But I'm sure my editorial colleagues can give more detailed and thoughtful responses.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby IAA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:46 pm

..And occasional features covering specific issues with OS updates are a definite possibility.

I hope so. Not everyone has the time to scour the forums for some of the answers or cautionary tales. I noticed recently Desmond's spot on heads up on Catalina and that's what got me to thinking..
Ta Hugh..

IAA :D
IAA
Regular