You are here

Spitfire Audio BBC SO review, Nov 2019 issue

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Spitfire Audio BBC SO review, Nov 2019 issue

Postby redlester » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:51 am

Have just read the review in the latest mag, it's interesting to see where there is agreement and divergence from the experiences of the early adopters elsewhere on the internet.

But my question relates to the fact that many users on the Vi-Control forum are experiencing massive issues with RAM usage and loading times. I think Spitfire are being bombarded with support requests in relation to this. The overall impression is that this affects Windows users more so than Mac, although certainly not exclusively.

I can't see anything in the article listing Dave Stewart's hardware specifications on the review machine, only Spitfire's recommended minimum spec. Is it possible you could make this known for comparison purposes?

As a note, I am one of the early adopters and am using it on a 2012 Mac Mini 2.3GHz i7 with 16GB RAM, running it off a 7,200rpm USB 3 hard drive and using Mojave and Logic. I have some long load times particularly on the legato patches, but fully expected that due to my spec. Haven't noticed any RAM problems. Yet.

ps. Could also do with knowing which DAW was used for testing. There is suspicion that with Spitfire being almost exclusively Mac/Logic within their setup that Cubase users are experiencing more problems than those using Logic.
redlester
Regular