You are here

New Layout hurts my brain

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

New Layout hurts my brain

Postby ManFromGlass » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:12 pm

There are some things I really don’t get at first. Sometimes I need someone to point out a very obvious thing to me please -

All I want is to find this month’s new topics under each heading. I can’t figure this out. :crazy:

I don’t mind the reduction of iPad screen real estate by the duplication of headings. I can’t figure out the choice of Computer format option. Some tabs are yellowed out, some aren’t. But where are the recent stories, reviews and tips and people etc? Is it as simple as most recent ones first?
Perhaps I’ve become so comfortable with the previous format that my brain won’t let go. I’ll keep trying though.
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Re: New Layout hurts my brain

Postby ManFromGlass » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:51 pm

I think I have the important things figured out. One has to click on the Magazine tab to see that issue’s Reviews etc. Accessing that information anywhere else is a little more confusing if one is used to navigating the older layout.
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Wonks » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:54 pm

The magazine section is the only magazine now. The others sections no longer directly reference the magazine articles in the way they used to. It's a bit swings and roundabouts in terms of benefits vs losses but the old layout was also rather confusing with section being sorted alphabetically another by magazine order and another by shoe size.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Correcting mistakes on the internet since 1853

Postby ManFromGlass » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Thanks. I’m getting used to it. Wondering out loud here - if the date of every article was more prominent at the top say under the author’s name then that could be useful. Unless articles are already sorted by most recent?

A 5 year old article on a product might not be so useful if the product no longer exists or has a version two. I make the bulk of my buying decisions based on SOS reviews.
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)