You are here

50% renewal discount code

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

50% renewal discount code

Postby boomish » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Today I got a renewal promo code for 50% off - RESTART50 a nice gesture I thought after not being to afford to re-sub after 18 years being subscriber, but it doesn't work as I found out its digital copy only..great thanks SOS! Digital sub? something I've added to the subscription for the past few years but I think only ever used once! I suppose easy enough to give away a digital subscription seeing as it costs you nothing..
boomish

Re: 50% renewal discount code

Postby Forum Admin » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:11 pm

Hi Boomish

Season's Greetings to you.

Unfortunately, being a small independent publisher we're not in a position to discount print subscriptions, as they really do cost us money to print the magazine, and our paper and associated production costs keep on increasing. And postage/shipping is expensive on top. We already cut print subs to the bone, so there's no fat left to trim.

So, as a special Christmas promotion (the first time we've ever done one), we thought we'd offer our oldest lapsed subscribers a chance to restart their sub but using a Digital subscription instead.

The latter now includes a Full Issue PDF download which replicates the look of the magazine page layouts and adverts, whereas the web access is for the online browser versions of the articles, and the tablet edition app includes all ads but uses a different layout to the print magazine.

Sorry it is not what you were looking for.

regards,
Ian G
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 11,640 SOS Reviews/Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search