You are here

'gear looking for a new home' forum?

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Re: 'gear looking for a new home' forum?

Postby DGL. » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:22 pm

Give me a Choco Leibnitz any day, too bad they don't do them in larger packets.
DGL.
Frequent Poster

Postby shufflebeat » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:30 pm

DGL. wrote:Give me a Choco Leibnitz any day, too bad they don't do them in larger packets.

I have noticed those smaller packets come in boxes of multiples. Not a recommendation, just an observation.

Here's a thought - is it ok to say, "I have a set of [insert out of date but serviceable equipment] going spare, anyone know a deserving home that may or may not be you?"?
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dancing Queen - feel the heat from the tangerine, ooh yeah!"

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:59 pm

shufflebeat wrote:
DGL. wrote:Give me a Choco Leibnitz any day, too bad they don't do them in larger packets.

I have noticed those smaller packets come in boxes of multiples. Not a recommendation, just an observation.

Good job the packets only contain a few biscuits, at least as far as my waistline is concerned.

Here's a thought - is it ok to say, "I have a set of [insert out of date but serviceable equipment] going spare, anyone know a deserving home that may or may not be you?"?

Waiting for the mods to consider the idea but from my POV no reason not to, a friend of a fellow forumite is an honorary friend of mine too.... It's getting unused stuff back into use that matters.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby ConcertinaChap » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:12 pm

Sam Spoons wrote:Waiting for the mods to consider the idea but from my POV no reason not to, a friend of a fellow forumite is an honorary friend of mine too.... It's getting unused stuff back into use that matters.

Gosh! Back on topic! Completely agree with all of that, but especially the bit I've emboldenend.

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
If you want me I'll be down on Sound on Sound on Sound.

Postby Martin Walker » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:56 pm

ConcertinaChap wrote:
Sam Spoons wrote:Waiting for the mods to consider the idea but from my POV no reason not to, a friend of a fellow forumite is an honorary friend of mine too.... It's getting unused stuff back into use that matters.

Gosh! Back on topic! Completely agree with all of that, but especially the bit I've emboldenend.

I'm only one of the mods, but I personally think that's a very laudable emboldened goal too! :thumbup:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby shufflebeat » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:58 am

ConcertinaChap wrote:

CC

Absolutely, but getting the Good Lady Wife off my back runs a very close second.
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dancing Queen - feel the heat from the tangerine, ooh yeah!"

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Previous