You are here

Magazine

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Magazine

Postby forumuser849823 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:21 pm

I see here SOS sells a PDF version of the magazine. Our local WHSmith has stopped selling SOS magazine and the nearest shop selling is 4 miles away. Any chance SOS will start selling paper copies of the current month?
forumuser849823
New here

Re: Magazine

Postby James Perrett » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:44 pm

If you click on the Subscribe link right at the top of the page you'll see that one of the options is a print subscription where you can receive a copy posted to you every month.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Forum Admin » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:00 pm

forumuser849823 wrote:I see here SOS sells a PDF version of the magazine. Our local WHSmith has stopped selling SOS magazine and the nearest shop selling is 4 miles away.

Odd. We pay WH Smith to be available in all their stores, so if you'd like to PM me with the address of your WHS I'll get our distributor to investigate the copy supply situation.

Any chance SOS will start selling paper copies of the current month?

SOS has always sold paper copies of the magazine and continues to do so -- March 2020 edition is available to buy from our online Shop/Store -- see https://www.soundonsound.com/shop/2020-magazines

As James mentions, a Subscription to the print mag is a big saving on 12x newsagent cover prices and includes free postage. A bargain.
See www.soundonsound.com/subscribe
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH SOS 11,112 articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
Get FREE Full Issue PDF Digital Mag: https://sosm.ag/FreePDF

Postby ef37a » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:15 am

Forumuser, do you not have any kind of local shop selling newspapers and magazines?
If so place an order. I did this for years until the shop changed hands and the new manager did not seem to give a stuff when or if he picked up my magazine.

I now get my copy from Sainsbury Sixfields which is almost a 'local' shop for me. WHS in the town still keep it but they have had to 'downsize' and the new store is terribly pokey.

"Use it or loose it"!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:59 am

I sympathize with the 'use it or lose it' ethos, and if you do have a decent local shop then it's worth supporting it.

But on the other hand... from the cost and reliability points of view, a subscription is actually better for you as the receiver of the magazine, and SOS as the supplier. It costs you less, it returns more to us, and it's 100% reliable!
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby forumuser849823 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:24 am

Ordered a copy from here.
No other shop in the town sells SOS so the only place I know that keeps it near me is magazine heaven. To be honest subscription is the way forward. I am surprised WHSmith shop’s are still going.
forumuser849823
New here

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:11 am

:thumbup:
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby ef37a » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:40 am

forumuser849823 wrote:Ordered a copy from here.
No other shop in the town sells SOS so the only place I know that keeps it near me is magazine heaven. To be honest subscription is the way forward. I am surprised WHSmith shop’s are still going.

Geez! And I thought Northampton was the one horse, A end of the universe!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster