You are here

Good stuff Sam and Paul!

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Re: Good stuff Sam and Paul!

Postby ConcertinaChap » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:48 pm

Bit belated (I don't look in this subforum nearly as much a I should) but lots of applause and valedictory appreciation from me too!

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
We are normal and we want our freedom!.

Postby tea for two » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:27 pm

PaulWhiteSOS wrote:Hi and thanks for the kind words from everyone. While I'm not planning to retire anytime soon it is appropriate that Sam takes over the Chief's job as he already does a lot of the organising and so is well placed to do it. My title as Executive Editor was bestowed, largely, for being at Sound On Sound for 29 years without being dead yet and though I'm getting a little more free time to work on my Cydonia Collective music, I'll still be doing reviews, techniques and on-line features and who knows — if this lockdown ever ends there may be some more Studio SOS jobs in the pipeline. Somebody asked if this meant I'd be seen more on the forums, but I know how much of your life such things can take up so I may venture forth gently. I'm also still building guitars I don't need and helping out with some charity support mixing and mastering jobs. Thanks for supporting the mag and please be nice to Sam as he deserves it.

Paul your positive impact on the thousands of peoples lives is on a whole nother level.

Personally I was always reassured by your beard in the 90s :
contents of mag would change the constant was your beard of reassurance.

(Or am i thinking of someone else my memory gone to pot).
tea for two
Frequent Poster

Postby shufflebeat » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:22 am

PaulWhiteSOS wrote:...there may be some more Studio SOS jobs in the pipeline.

Sam Inglis wrote:...It's an amazing honour and a privilege to step into Paul's shoes...

Mmm, free shoes...
shufflebeat
Jedi Poster
"Dancing Queen - feel the heat from the tangerine, ooh yeah!"

Do yourself a favour, wear earplugs at gigs.

Postby CS70 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:51 pm

The first time I tried to record and mix drums, it was a mess... then I discovered Paul's article on how to go about it, and all falled into place! I bookmarked it and referenced it many times afterwords.

Actually, miracles of Google, it's still in my bookmarks, I think: https://web.archive.org/web/20150103064948/http://www.soundonsound.com/SOS/feb01/articles/drummix.asp

Sadly now it's no longer on the site - but I *really* vote for restoring it! :D

I've updated your link for the article in the way back machine - HR
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page

Previous