You are here

June edition was there....now gone!

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Re: June edition was there....now gone!

Postby Forum Admin » Thu May 21, 2020 5:03 pm

Kwackman wrote:
Folderol wrote:
blinddrew wrote:But is it still 2020?

It's very nearly 2020.5 :shocked:

Is that a free upgrade?!

Not at all -- it's cost everyone dearly to get that upgrade from 2020.2 and 2020.3 to 2020.5 and the QC Manager Boris says it'll be a while yet until this version is stable.
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 11,258 SOS Reviews/Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search

Postby Ian Shaw » Thu May 21, 2020 5:29 pm

Thanks for this SOS! Much appreciated :thumbup:
Ian Shaw
Regular
Sent by carrier pigeon

Postby The Elf » Thu May 21, 2020 5:39 pm

Folk-lore relates that SOS editorial staff can sniff out a chocolate HobNob from over half a mile away.
The Elf
Jedi Poster
An Eagle for an Emperor, A Kestrel for a Knave.

Postby ef37a » Thu May 21, 2020 7:42 pm

Forum Admin wrote:
ef37a wrote:Never mind the digitals...I was in Sainsburys this morning, 09:30 am and there was ONE copy on the rack! Normally I see the magazine well into half way through the month.

Presumably that was the new JUNE (Podcast cover) print magazine and not May's?

If so, they've sold out nice and quick :thumbup: -- all that pent-up demand.

So, has the world and his wife suddenly taken up audio recording or did you not print as many this month?

On the contrary. The supermarkets have increased their magazine take to gain market share from other newsagents who have been closed. And most folks have still been picking up groceries, so they're encouragingly picking up their mag stocks to read while in lockdown.

So, will Sainburys get another batch or do they just get a one time drop?

Oh and two newsagent/general stores near me have never closed but I no longer have SOS on order, got too much hassle when the old guy I used for ten years died and the whizzkid that took over could not seem to GaF whether he had the magazine in for me or not.

And yes it is the June 'Podders' issue. I was keen to read a 'start here for podding' article but have not found one so far?

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Ian Shaw » Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 pm

Just wondering about the Sainsburys thing. Do they all get them? Can't say I've ever seen it? Is there a list of outlets you can share.

Being an old git I still prefer the smell of fresh magazine in my hands. Can't seem to take the information in when it's on a screen
Ian Shaw
Regular
Sent by carrier pigeon

Postby DanielBeach » Thu May 21, 2020 10:12 pm

And there's me walking a mile and half to WH Smith this morning for my copy. :-)
DanielBeach
Regular

Postby ef37a » Fri May 22, 2020 6:46 am

Ian Shaw wrote:Just wondering about the Sainsburys thing. Do they all get them? Can't say I've ever seen it? Is there a list of outlets you can share.

Being an old git I still prefer the smell of fresh magazine in my hands. Can't seem to take the information in when it's on a screen

My store is at Sixfields Northampton and it is quite a big one. A word to the wise...Do not go to the store crack of dawn on the Thursday. At my store the bod that puts the mags on the rack does not get A into gear until past 08:30!

I was in fact lucky. Normally I would have waited until the Friday and 'Wrinklies Hour' but then I would have missed it! Fact was, I had a nurse calling that day and she could have been there by 08:00.

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby IAA » Fri May 22, 2020 7:46 am

Enjoy the tablet issue.

Thoroughly enjoying this issue, particularly Chris’ guide to zoom (V helpful) and the podcast channels are a great addition!

I finished half the hobnobs before I knew it.
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby Forum Admin » Fri May 22, 2020 9:35 am

DanielBeach wrote:And there's me walking a mile and half to WH Smith this morning for my copy. :-)

The exercise is good for you. :D Seriously, thanks for making the journey - but a magazine subscription makes a lot of sense. ;-) We get all of the money, minus card provider transaction fees, as opposed to a share of the UK cover price and having to wait months to be paid.
Forum Admin

Postby Ian Shaw » Fri May 22, 2020 6:46 pm

I've noticed I get a good discount on a subscription, so now the government have kindly coughed up some money it seems like a good time. Any reason why, if I subscribe now, that it doesn't start until Sept?

Thanks

Ian
Ian Shaw
Regular
Sent by carrier pigeon

Postby Forum Admin » Fri May 22, 2020 7:10 pm

Ian Shaw wrote:I've noticed I get a good discount on a subscription, so now the government have kindly coughed up some money it seems like a good time.

Yes, it's superb value for all the different ways you can access content. Thanks for subscribing.

Any reason why, if I subscribe now, that it doesn't start until Sept?

Not sure. I've just logged out of our back office system so I'll take a look for you on Tuesday after bank holiday and adjust things if needs be.

cheers,
Ian G
Forum Admin

Postby Ian Shaw » Fri May 22, 2020 7:52 pm

Ta. Seems to be that a new June sub has appeared in my account as well, maybe because of the free issue? The new sub seems to be tacked on to the end of that. It can definitely wait til Tuesday

Ian
Ian Shaw
Regular
Sent by carrier pigeon

Previous