You are here

October SOS

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

October SOS

Postby BJG145 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Vince Clarke, Jarvis Cocker, Steely Dan and synths galore...Fab! Great issue. :thumbup:
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Re: October SOS

Postby Forum Admin » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Thanks! The SOS Team worked very hard to produce it, and it's always good to have the ducks line up in a row to create a balanced vibrant issue that's got something for everyone in it.

I especially loved the Recording Music Videos For Social Media article, by this Forum's very own blinddrew.
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 11,561 SOS Reviews/Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:04 pm

BJG145 wrote:Vince Clarke, Jarvis Cocker, Steely Dan and synths galore...Fab! Great issue. :thumbup:

I couldn't agree more. Furthermore it's also an issue that resonates with me on a synchronicity front.

When I began my previous subscription a year ago (the one that just expired) I asked the subs department not to send me the paper copy even though I was entitled to it as I really like the PDFs and I'm vaguely mindful of the environment.

A month in advance, I renewed my subscription a couple of months ago without thinking anything of it. When Ian posted the link to the Arturia PolyBrute a day or two back, which I'm overjoyed about and pre-ordered immediately, I still thought nothing of it.

Then, this morning a shiny paper copy of the mag arrives, the first paper copy I've had for a long time, and it's got the Arturia PolyBrute on the cover and that very review is of course a major feature, along with all the other stuff you mention. This is an issue I really would have liked the paper copy of and... boom, there it is sitting on the desk in front of me.

So on this event the stars have aligned rather nicely for me and once again I find myself nodding to the universe in appreciation for a little unexpected pick-me-up moment :)
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project

Postby blinddrew » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Forum Admin wrote:Thanks! The SOS Team worked very hard to produce it, and it's always good to have the ducks line up in a row to create a balanced vibrant issue that's got something for everyone in it.

I especially loved the Recording Music Videos For Social Media article, by this Forum's very own blinddrew.
Thanks Ian! :blush:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby Eddy Deegan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:30 pm

blinddrew wrote:
Forum Admin wrote:Thanks! The SOS Team worked very hard to produce it, and it's always good to have the ducks line up in a row to create a balanced vibrant issue that's got something for everyone in it.

I've not read that yet ... will be doing so before lights out tonight however and looking forward to it! I'm going to treat myself to a proper 'old school' reading-from-paper sesh before zzzz later :thumbup:
Eddy Deegan
Some of my works
The 2nd SOS Forum Album project

Postby N i g e l » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:08 pm

Not picked up my copy yet but looking forward to.. Vince Clarke, Jarvis Cocker, Arturia, Nord W2....and the usual suspects....

Recording Music Videos For Social Media - loved it (digitally so far).

"Sharing a 'rock' mix when everyone else is expecting an acoustic/folk number may not go down too well."

1 format isnt enough ? ...
https://www.soundonsound.com/people/rec ... a-twain-up
N i g e l
Frequent Poster

Postby RichardT » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:18 pm

blinddrew wrote:

Excellent article, Drew, I really enjoyed it!
RichardT
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:31 pm

Thanks Richard. :)
And Nigel, we did think about a remix, but I put my foot down. :protest: ;)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby Martin Walker » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 pm

So did I - so much useful and very practical advice presented in such an entertaining manner!

Bravo Monsieur Drew! :clap:

Martin
Martin Walker

Postby blinddrew » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:17 pm

Cheers Martin, hoping my paper copy will make its way up to the great white north later this week. :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby ConcertinaChap » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:10 pm

Nicely timed article for us because my wife Anne and her band are working up to making a music video right now so I'm going to pass a copy of it to her. I can also attest that seeing your name on an SOS article is a genuine gas :)

CC
ConcertinaChap
Jedi Poster
Making music: Eagle Alley, recording music: Mr Punch's Studio
A full wine rack is a happy wine rack.

Postby IAA » Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:36 pm

I thought it was blinddrew, but wasn’t entirely sure, but I agree I thought it was an extremely useful article and clearly written. I’m impressed! Well done.
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:46 pm

Why thank you sir. :blush:
blinddrew
Jedi Poster

Postby ManFromGlass » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:35 pm

I have to remind myself how brilliant all the components of the magazine are. I get so used to the high standards month after month and year after year that it’s easy to lose sight of how much hard work must be going into each issue.
Bravo all!
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Forum Admin » Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:26 pm

ManFromGlass wrote:I have to remind myself how brilliant all the components of the magazine are. I get so used to the high standards month after month and year after year that it’s easy to lose sight of how much hard work must be going into each issue.
Bravo all!

Well thank you, sir. :blush:

Everyone on the team has been notified of your splendid comments. It's what spurs us on to maintain our standard of excellence.

Backs duly patted.
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 11,561 SOS Reviews/Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search

Next