You are here

Smoke and mirrors

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Smoke and mirrors

Postby BJG145 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Jess Jackson wrote:One golden rule I learned from working with Mike is that if something needs to be turned down, take it out. It's either present in the song, or it's gone. There's no hiding things.

Jess Jackson wrote:It was also my job to choose what the most important elements were, to make sure those stood out, and to find a way of hiding the elements that are not so important.
BJG145
Jedi Poster

Re: Smoke and mirrors

Postby blinddrew » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:55 pm

Rule 1: there are no rules.
;)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Re: Smoke and mirrors

Postby CS70 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:18 pm

BJG145 wrote:
Jess Jackson wrote:One golden rule I learned from working with Mike is that if something needs to be turned down, take it out. It's either present in the song, or it's gone. There's no hiding things.

Jess Jackson wrote:It was also my job to choose what the most important elements were, to make sure those stood out, and to find a way of hiding the elements that are not so important.

Unless they have a certain personality and have gone thru certain experiences, most people have a "window of consistency" of at most five-ten minutes or a couple paragraphs. Less, if the subject changes in the meanwhile. And even then it's an effort, and I think it's impossible to maintain consistency in absolutely every aspect of life.

Basically, we can happily say that something is white and then that it's black and, so long enough time has passed, be completely blind to the contraction.

The savannah was a small place..
CS70
Jedi Poster
Silver Spoon - Check out our latest video and the FB page