You are here

I’ve not received December’s magazine. Is it just me?

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: I’ve not received December’s magazine. Is it just me?

Postby Forum Admin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:43 am

blinddrew wrote:It's to pay for all the extra temp staff they've had to hire to get through their backlog...

;)

Actually, some suggest it's the lack of hiring of extra temp staff pre-Christmas to comply with social distancing in the workplace that is partially causing the backlog.
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 12,352 SOS Reviews/Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search

Postby ef37a » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:02 pm

On the other hand.....!

Yesterday I rocked up at Sainsbury's at 7.05 as is my way to miss the unwashed masses and get parked only to find the place already rammed. I had intended to delay my visit until today, Thursday so I could pickup the January issue. I decided to browse the magazine section anyway, might get New Scientist or similar when I was staggered to see the current SOS copy there!

Wonderful! I had me book and could now pick up the rest of my shopping and not have to fight the hoarding hordes again next day!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

January 2021 magazine in Sainsbury's

Postby Forum Admin » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:24 pm

ef37a wrote:Yesterday I rocked up at Sainsbury's at 7.05 as is my way to miss the unwashed masses and get parked only to find the place already rammed. I had intended to delay my visit until today, Thursday so I could pickup the January issue. I decided to browse the magazine section anyway, might get New Scientist or similar when I was staggered to see the current SOS copy there!

Dave, we aim to please. Enjoy. :angel:

Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 12,352 SOS Reviews/Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search

Postby ef37a » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:44 pm

Oh! You have you have!

And a very merry Christmas to you Mr Forum Admin and all your elves. I hope 'they' a few mince pies through the hatch to that dark, dusty room they keep you in and maybe the tiniest drop of sherry?

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Previous