You are here

Where are my PMs?

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

Where are my PMs?

Postby audio_jungle » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:44 pm

I was PM'ing some members in the past, and I want to be able to find those old private messages - assuming they still exist - and for the life of me I do not know how to do that.

Love SOS, but finding "My Threads", "My Posts" and "My PMs" is painful at best on this website... :thumbdown:
audio_jungle
Regular

Re: Where are my PMs?

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:09 pm

Click on 'My Control Panel' in the grey bar jus at the top of the forum entries. You'll find an PMs in there under the Overview tab.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Jez Corbett » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:13 pm

Im having the same problem. If I go to where you suggest and select Private Messages, it opens a screen to create a private message, but I can't see where my received PMs are.
Jez Corbett
Frequent Poster
http://www.jeremycorbett.co.uk

Postby zenguitar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:22 pm

On that page look for the grey box that is labelled Compose Message. Hover your mouse over it and you will see a pop up menu, and there you will find the rest of the message pages.

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby awjoe » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:38 am

zenguitar wrote:On that page look for the grey box that is labelled Compose Message. Hover your mouse over it and you will see a pop up menu, and there you will find the rest of the message pages.

And so you see, audio_jungle (can I call you aj?), therein lies the perfect illustration of the secret handshake nature of the PMs here. It's only a very select demographic who ever stumble on that portal on their own. As least, that's what I've been told.
awjoe
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Wonks » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:32 pm

You need to be wearing the right apron and your trousers rolled up by just the correct amount before any of it becomes accessible.
Wonks
Jedi Poster
Now even grumpier than Ivan in his heyday.

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Is it just me or is clicking a button marked 'compose message' to find your received messages a little less intuitive than it could be? :headbang:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby desmond » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:05 pm

Yes, it's a terrible interface, goodness knows why it was ever done like that in the first place.

At the *very* least, it should imo default to going to your inbox first, rather than the "Compose PM" page, but that's all how this particular forum software was designed, it's not unique to SOS, it's like that on all forums that use the same forum software...
desmond
Jedi Poster