You are here

I don't see the topic I posted.

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

I don't see the topic I posted.

Postby rhearhino » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi,

I posted a topic few days ago under "Keyboards & Synthesis" and I can't find it anywhere. I am a new user and it was my first topic. I also don't know where to contact the forum admins or support in this case.

Thanks a lot for helping!
rhearhino
New here

Re: I don't see the topic I posted.

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:55 pm

The first three posts from new members are held in a moderation queue, and require one of the forum moderators to review and approve it before it appears in the public forums. This is part of our anti-spam system and it is highly effective, albeit possibly a tad frustrating and confusing for new members.

The delay between submitting a post and it appearing depends on how many moderators are active on the site and checking the queue at the time, and so can be anything from a few seconds up to a few hours. All the moderators are UK-based, so the delays tends to be longer during UK night time. The queue is always checked several times a day, though.

The usual reason for a post not appearing is that it contained content that was deemed inappropriate in some way, and was therefore deleted. Usually, though, when that's the case with a new user, the user is assumed to be a spammer and is therefore banned at the same time.

Clearly, you're still a registered user, so not banned... and I've checked the logs and can't see any post being deleted, either. They just show you registering at 6.51 on Sunday 8th.

So it looks like your first post was simply not registered in the forum system for some reason. Don't know why...

But the good news is that your post above was registered and I have approved it from the queue... so it's working now! :-D Would you like to try again? I'll keep an eye out for it.

H
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby rhearhino » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Hi Hugh! Thanks for answering!

I know that the first three posts ale held in the queue. My first attempt to post anything was not a reply, but a whole new topic.

This is strange, because actually after publishing *this* thread, to which we respond, a green box appeared, where it was written that my post is queued and it was ok. However, I tried now to post also this very previous topic and I don't get this notification – maybe actually this is a mistake. I don't know what to do about it. Maybe it's a matter of the URL link there?
rhearhino
New here

Postby zenguitar » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:07 pm

When you submit a new post the submit button is very close to the return to forum button. At some point or other we’ve all made the mistake of hitting the wrong one ;)

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra