You are here

messageUser BobTheDog already has this FI PDF.

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

messageUser BobTheDog already has this FI PDF.

Postby BobTheDog » Mon May 11, 2020 8:43 pm

Hi Guys,

I just renewed subscription and got this warning.

Any ideas?

Andy
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Re: messageUser BobTheDog already has this FI PDF.

Postby MOF » Mon May 11, 2020 10:32 pm

I had the same sort of message. I saw that I’d been entitled to the pdf versions even though I only get the Print version, they have been arriving in the UK.
My email notification said I was due to renew but I saw that it wasn’t due until November. I renewed anyway and then got a message to say payment hadn’t been taken. I forgot to phone in and find out what’s going on.
MOF
Frequent Poster

Postby BobTheDog » Tue May 12, 2020 8:00 am

Thanks for the info.

The money has been paid by Paypal ok, so I guess I wait and see :)
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby Forum Admin » Tue May 12, 2020 9:06 am

Hi BobTheDog

You currently have an active Digital-only sub that was due to expire after the May 2020 issue. However, you have renewed your sub but chosen a Print+Digital combo. Because print works further in advance and we have already sent off the June magazine's mailing files to printers, your sub starts with the July print edition.

Our system tries to always add the current Full Issue PDF (in your Downloads library of your My Account on this site) and the message reflects that the current issue online is May 2020 and already a part of your current Digital-only sub period, so it has not delivered it twice.

You have only been charged once for your renewing sub.

Hope that clarifies things.

cheers,
Ian G
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 11,561 SOS Reviews/Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search

Postby Forum Admin » Tue May 12, 2020 9:20 am

MOF wrote:I had the same sort of message. I saw that I’d been entitled to the pdf versions even though I only get the Print version, they have been arriving in the UK.

Hi MOF,
Because of some mail delivery problems around the world, due to the pandemic lockdown, we took the decision to upgrade every print subscriber's account and give you all a free Full Issue PDF so if your magazine did not arrive, you could at least read it on your tablet or smartphone or even your computer desktop. UK post and other countries has not been affected, but our back office had to apply this free upgrade to all accounts, in order to make it available to some.

In early April, we sent out an email newsletter stating this action was being taken, but some readers unsubscribe from SOS emails, so of course they would never receive the notification.

My email notification said I was due to renew but I saw that it wasn’t due until November. I renewed anyway and then got a message to say payment hadn’t been taken. I forgot to phone in and find out what’s going on.

That's another anomaly caused by a glitch out of our control... our MailChimp mailing server every month sends out automated "your sub will expire in 3... 2... 1 issue's time" email alerts to remind subscribers to renew. However, it recently sent them at the wrong time in each subscriber cycle, so good folks like you went off to try to renew when it was far too early to do so.

Once we became aware of the problem, none of the "early" renewal monies were taken, so no charge was made by us and no payment taken on your account.

Sorry for the grief.

Ian G
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH 11,561 SOS Reviews/Techniques articles: www.soundonsound.com/search

Postby BobTheDog » Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 am

Thanks for the info :)
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby MOF » Tue May 12, 2020 9:07 pm

Once we became aware of the problem, none of the "early" renewal monies were taken, so no charge was made by us and no payment taken on your account.

Sorry for the grief.

Ian G

Thank you Ian, I didn't get around to calling today so that's saved me having to do that.
MOF
Frequent Poster