You are here

PM not appearing?

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

PM not appearing?

Postby Arpangel » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:43 am

I got a PM from someone yesterday, just logged in and it’s not there, although it says 1 message on my inbox?

:think:
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Re: PM not appearing?

Postby IAA » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:11 am

Phew...for a minute I thought this was heading into a “who’s leading the country at this unprecedented moment of calamity?” thread.
Stand down. Take a breath. Onwards.... :headbang:
IAA
Frequent Poster

Postby blinddrew » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:07 am

Dumb question, but have you actually scrolled down far enough? If you're not on a full size screen the layout of the whole PM interface can be a bit confusing.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby ef37a » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:28 am

blinddrew wrote:Dumb question, but have you actually scrolled down far enough? If you're not on a full size screen the layout of the whole PM interface can be a bit confusing.

Nah. You think!!??

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Arpangel » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:03 am

Thanks, there definitely aren’t any messages there, but this may still be pilot error.
I think the guy may have sent me an email via SOS, and I deleted it as I thought it was a link to a message which I never click on owing to possible spoof emails.
This really is a pain, as it was someone wanting to buy something.

:-|
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:10 am

You can check you in box by:

1. click on My Control Panel in the grey bar under all the navigation links at the top of the forum section.

2. When the Front Page opens click on Overview, then Private Messages from the drop-down.

3. When the Compose Message opens, click on the Compose Message button , and then In Box from the drop-down

You will then see all received and retained PMs...

Yes, it's a hideous system, but not one of our making and not one we can change, sadly.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby Arpangel » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:26 am

Hugh Robjohns wrote:You can check you in box by:

1. click on My Control Panel in the grey bar under all the navigation links at the top of the forum section.

2. When the Front Page opens click on Overview, then Private Messages from the drop-down.

3. When the Compose Message opens, click on the Compose Message button , and then In Box from the drop-down

You will then see all received and retained PMs...

Yes, it's a hideous system, but not one of our making and not one we can change, sadly.

Thanks Hugh, yes, I’m OK with that, but it was me not noticing it was an email someone sent me!

:(
Arpangel
Jedi Poster

Postby Rich Hanson » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:47 pm

Most email clients send deleted emails to a Deleted Items (or similar) folder so unless you've emptied that then there's a good chance you've still got it.
Rich Hanson
Frequent Poster (Level2)