You are here

faint script?

Report bugs & errors with the SOS forums, and web site. Please check existing discussions before posting.

faint script?

Postby ef37a » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:19 pm

I find the script more difficult to read on this forum than others. It seems parts of letters are reduced contrast?

I have just come back from an eye test that messes with my one good eye and the problem is even worse now until the drops wear off.

Can I default to something clearer?

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Re: faint script?

Postby desmond » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Depending on what web browser you use, if you don't have any usable accessibility options on your system that will help with this, you can usually setup custom style sheets to redefine certain colours and things on certain sites - for example, I have made the SOS site wider than it normally is which is much more comfortable for me.

Worth investigating if it's a problem.
desmond
Jedi Poster
mu:zines | music magazine archive | difficultAudio

Postby wireman » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:51 pm

It does not look like the forum offers any other themes.

Windows has high-contrast themes and Firefox for example will behave differently if one of these is active.
You can set fonts and colours in browser preferences but I hate to think what that will look like.
Perhaps just scaling the browser content (control mouse wheel up/down for Windows/Firefox) may help. Windows has a DPI setting that will scale everything.
wireman
Frequent Poster

Postby James Perrett » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:29 pm

Chrome allows you to download extensions and there are extensions to increase the contrast of web pages or invert the colours.
James Perrett
JRP Music - Audio Mastering and Restoration. JRP Music Facebook Page

Postby Sam Spoons » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:31 pm

I'm ok on the MBP but struggle to read the forum (and the magazine BTW) on my iPad mini 4. The forum text appears to be dark(ish) grey on a light grey background, in Safari and Brave at least, which does not give the greatest contrast.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Postby N i g e l » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:36 pm

I 'm on standard Windows10 + Firefox & its not unreasonable on my desktop screens, % of white ratio is 93% : 27% .

I have an anti-blue coating on my glasses which lessens the contrast a bit but not much.

N i g e l
Frequent Poster