You are here

Online Session Musicians

Exploring the tools and techniques for long-distance recording projects.

Online Session Musicians

Postby Matt Houghton » Mon May 12, 2014 8:46 am

Just to help get people started, here's a link to an article and a thread about online session musicians. The latter will probably be migrated to this forum eventually...

Article (SOS July 2009)

Thread
Matt Houghton
Frequent Poster
SOS Reviews Editor

Re: Online Session Musicians

Postby Zukan » Mon May 12, 2014 9:08 am

Excellent!
Zukan

Postby C.LYDE » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:41 am

... silence is deafening... anyway, if anyone is looking for me to lay down guitar tracks of anything else fro that matter... let's get cracking... no $$$ involved..pure love of music.
C.LYDE
Regular

Postby Folderol » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:32 am

I don't know if this is typical, but my experience of remote collaboration has been very erratic and quite spontaneous. Quite often I've heard someone's daft WIP track and thought I could add something. Other times it's been the other way round. It is very rare for me to set out to collaborate from scratch.
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Just because you know what I'm talking about, it doesn't mean I do!

Postby petev3.1 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:58 am

I'm looking for a drummer to record a live drum part and am surprised to not to find one here.
petev3.1
Frequent Poster

Postby fexx » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Online vocal sessions - distinctive voice, pm me to chat
fexx
New here

Postby SlavikBass » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:47 am

Hello! I'm BASS player from Ukraine.I have an offer to make the record of a great bass part for your song. I play the Fender Jazz Bass guitar. Can play in different styles such as rock, pop, jazz and many more others. I have an experience of playing for more than ten years already. Also worked in different kinds of bands and cover bands.

Here is high quality audio demo with clean bass:
https://yadi.sk/d/ivdmQF9Rxq8tr

Here is my video demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6iaAGUv2qw

Contact me (anytime): vgoogli@gmail.com

Also available for work through VST Connect. Looking forward to working with you!
SlavikBass
Live Bass - Respectable Music!

Postby trkkazulu » Sat May 06, 2017 11:58 am

Online sessions and collaboration are the greatest. I'm almost convinced that this is what the Internet was meant for. I don't miss the days of $250 an hour recording studios and the pressure of showing up to a session at 9 in the morning and getting beaten up by a producer for six hours. No, this is far better and the client gets more in the end.

I've been on Fiverr since 2012. Check me out here: https://www.fiverr.com/trkkazulu/play-b ... your-track
trkkazulu
New here

Postby Dennis P » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:06 pm

HI!

Remote recording works really well:-)
I have a professional online drum recording service, where I record drum tracks for producers and songwriters from all over the world.
If you would like to to see and hear what I'm doing, you can check out my website www.Dennispstudio.com

You can also see my promo video hear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW1YZXPsTsY

So, if you need an online drummer, feel free to contact me:-)

Best regards

Dennis Pedersen
Dennis P

Postby Bhowell12 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:02 pm

I'm a bass player writing songs with a drummer and a guitar player.We need someone to record vocals on our original ideas.If you would like to hear some of our tunes contact me.
We are also willing to write bass and drums on a Singer/Guitar players original ideas as well.
We use Studio one 3 pro. .Our style is Rock /Progressive. Styles like.. Iron Maiden/ Rush / Yes /Fates Warning/ Theater "ish". Willing to play any style with the right input and talent.
Please contact me through email bhowell12@cox.net. I can send song ideas through e mail or dropbox.
Bhowell12

Postby Bhowell12 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:18 pm

This is a great idea,I have been searching for a way to meet other musicians to collaborate with.I have no interest in playing live or being obligated to a band situation.I just love writing music with other brains! I hope it works.
Bhowell12