You are here

Online Studio with multitrack recording capability?

Exploring the tools and techniques for long-distance recording projects.

Online Studio with multitrack recording capability?

Postby RionZ » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:28 am

Hi all, i'm looking for a cloud-based studio that is capable of true multi-track recording. I've tried: Melosity, Ohm, Soundation and soundtrap and what i'm finding is that no matter how many inputs my sound-card has, they all just sum all inputs as one mono stream. I also tried Audiosauna but as far as i can see that doesnt even do live inputs, only Virtual instruments.

This is pretty limiting when it comes to collaboration. For example when it comes to drums i cant even get a stereo recording let alone simultaneous multi-tracks of kick, snare, toms, etc.

Any thoughts? Any recommendations? Am I asking too much technically? Two simultaneous tracks would be a start, 4 would be really useful!

Cheers all (and if you happen to be an app developer i might have just found a nice gap in the market for you!).
RionZ
Poster

Re: Online Studio with multitrack recording capability?

Postby The Korff » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:08 am

Does BandLab do proper multitracking?
The Korff
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby ef37a » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:41 am

I KNOW I am going to get a slap here but...

Why can't you put say, 4 tracks 'in the can' then stick them on the cloud or in Dropbox as a collections of .wavs?

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby RionZ » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:39 pm

The Korff wrote:Does BandLab do proper multitracking?

i'll check that out, thanks... i did some more digging and found that ohmstudio definitely does at least two track recording but for some reason i'm getting errors when i try to sign up, waiting to hear back from support on that...

ef37a wrote:I KNOW I am going to get a slap here but...

Why can't you put say, 4 tracks 'in the can' then stick them on the cloud or in Dropbox as a collections of .wavs?

Dave.

No slap, but yes i know what you mean and i've done that many times before. i was looking for a more streamlined way of doing things and also a solution that would be more approachable for collaborating musicians who might not be au fait with DAW software, importing the files, syncing them up, etc

the search continues!
RionZ
Poster

Postby RionZ » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:40 pm

by the way, this a very informative article on the subject: https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... laboration
RionZ
Poster

Postby RionZ » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:47 pm

The Korff wrote:Does BandLab do proper multitracking?

Thanks a million mate, it does the job! :) :) :)
RionZ
Poster