You are here

firewire interfaces, who wins?

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: firewire interfaces, who wins?

Postby Dave B » Tue May 06, 2008 10:10 am

Saffire Pro + new iMac = much joyous noise. I even went out and got a FW800 - 400 cable in case of problems. Worked like a charm. Enough to convince me to look into a Mac Pro ....
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby Studio Support Gnome » Tue May 06, 2008 11:16 am

Mel David wrote:It's all moot when 99% of them don't work with Apple computers anyway.

Hmmm..

I use a range of different Macs... and My Saffire Pros work with all of them..

likewise I've not had any real troubles with MOTU firewire devices, or RME firefaces....

that's probably significantly more than the remaining 1% you suggest might work....
Studio Support Gnome
Frequent Poster (Level2)
Now available for consultations and audio engineering jobs .  Also guitar tech work , and “rent-a-shredder” sessions .  Oxfordshire based but can and will travel .  Email maxtech.audio@me.com

Postby RegressiveRock » Tue May 06, 2008 1:30 pm

Max! wrote:
Mel David wrote:It's all moot when 99% of them don't work with Apple computers anyway.

Hmmm..

I use a range of different Macs... and My Saffire Pros work with all of them..

likewise I've not had any real troubles with MOTU firewire devices, or RME firefaces....

that's probably significantly more than the remaining 1% you suggest might work....

A much more elegant response than the one that came to my mind. Anyway, putting such spherical considerations aside, I'd be interested to hear why Mr David thinks this to be the case, or do we have a series of bridge-dwellers slowly creeping onto the forum?

Reg
RegressiveRock
Frequent Poster
Smoking Goats
https://www.facebook.com/SmokingGoats

Postby Andy McBain » Tue May 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Who cares when the best ones *do* work :bouncy:
Andy McBain
Regular

Previous