You are here

Songwriting course?

Arrangement, instrumentation, lyric writing, music theory, inspiration… it’s all here.

Songwriting course?

Postby forumuser936320 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:05 pm

When I first started out songwriting for over 20 years ago, I knew I wanted to, but didn’t know how to do it.
I´ve listened to my favorite artists to get a hang of how they did it.
My main instrument is trumpet, but I believed that guitar was a better way to get songs doned. :)
I´ve learned some chords on my guitar and started my first steps to a song, I remember that I was so proud when I did my first song.
Then as years went by, I´ve written more songs and started to get a hang of it.
I started to grow my songwriting toolbox to know what to do when I got stuck.
Many years later I took an online course in songwriting and then I really got it, how to make a song the way I wanted it to sound.
Got angry, why didn’t I do this earlier..?
Now I have started thinking, I want to share my knowledge to all of you and start an online course in songwriting.
A course that gives new songwriters and those that have written a while fundamental tools to take your songwriting to the next level.
A Swedish way of makeing songs. :)

Is this something that you are interested of taking part of? :)
forumuser936320

Re: Songwriting course?

Postby blinddrew » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:36 pm

This is one of those things that I initially think I would be interested in, but in reality I'm short on time already so I know I wouldn't be able to commit to anything.
Good luck though :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby zenguitar » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:21 am

You took an online course on songwriting and gained a lot from it. If it was so good, why aren't you recommending that course instead of creating one of your own?

It's worth asking :)

Andy :beamup:
zenguitar
When you see a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Postby forumuser936320 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:57 am

blinddrew wrote:This is one of those things that I initially think I would be interested in, but in reality I'm short on time already so I know I wouldn't be able to commit to anything.

A lot of songwriters are in need of this, the basics and fundamental tools to songwriting.
What would be your turning point to "get more time" for this?
forumuser936320

Postby forumuser936320 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:00 am

zenguitar wrote:You took an online course on songwriting and gained a lot from it. If it was so good, why aren't you recommending that course instead of creating one of your own?

It's worth asking :)

Andy :beamup:

Of course and it is a good question.
First and foremost, the course was in Swedish and turned to songwriters that have written a lot.
I am only interested in new songwriters and those that have written for a while to give them a better start on their songwriting carer than I had. :)
forumuser936320

Postby blinddrew » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:37 pm

forumuser936320 wrote:
blinddrew wrote:This is one of those things that I initially think I would be interested in, but in reality I'm short on time already so I know I wouldn't be able to commit to anything.

A lot of songwriters are in need of this, the basics and fundamental tools to songwriting.
What would be your turning point to "get more time" for this?
Just a matter of prioritisation, I have too many hobbies and not enough time. And a commute.
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...