You are here

Gibson Marauder

For all things relating to guitars, basses, amps, pedals & accessories.

Re: Gibson Marauder

Postby Buska » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:20 am

Dr Huge Longjohns wrote:Marauders are truly AWFUL guitars. Only ever played by punk bands who picked them up cheap as nobody else wanted them!

You could get a 'proper' Gibson for Rickenbacker money or keep the Ricky and get any one of the clones out there that sound as good and play as well as a Gibson eg a Vintage Lemon Drop which are sensational guitars for the money...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-icon-series-lemon-drop-guitar-/252824921140?hash=item3add8a2434:g:EVwAAOSwB-1YqcRA
What a ridiculous uninformed statement.
Marauders have there own sound and have been played by some excellent Jazz and Rock Guitarists.
The Awesome Jan Dumee played a Marauder in Focus and I have seen Jazz Violinist/Guitarist George Washingmachine (Stephen Washington) play a Marauder.
To say they are "truly Awful and only played by punk bands because nobody else wanted them is ludicrous and totally out of touch with reality.
Any Guitar purchase should be seriously considered and definitely play the Guitar first to see if it is suitable for Your individual playing style and taste. Don't listen to self professed 'armchair expert cork sniffers' Play ,Listen and Experience the Guitar for Yourself.
Buska

Postby ef37a » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:48 am

My earlier reply got lost whilst the bonnet was up.

He did not get the Gibson but now is contemplating a swap for a PRS.

I wish I had a spare couple of bags so he did not need to make the choice but I have already dropped around £700 on a laptop and supporting gear for Crissie!

Dave.
ef37a
Jedi Poster

Postby Buska » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:46 am

ef37a wrote:My earlier reply got lost whilst the bonnet was up.

He did not get the Gibson but now is contemplating a swap for a PRS.

I wish I had a spare couple of bags so he did not need to make the choice but I have already dropped around £700 on a laptop and supporting gear for Crissie!

Dave.

If He really is not happy with the sound, feel and vibe of the Rick, He will always be on the lookout for a Guitar to "scratch that itch" that the Rick just can't do for Him. The most important thing is to really thoroughly test out the prospective replacement Guitar to make sure it Feels,Plays and Sounds just Right and is "The One" before taking the plunge.
Buska