You are here

Public Liability Insurance

Advice on everything from getting your music heard to setting up a label and royalties.

Re: Public Liability Insurance

Postby turbodave » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:26 pm

I've used Simply Business for a few years, they always throw up some good bargains. Dave
turbodave
Frequent Poster
My head hurts!

Postby The Red Bladder » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 am

turbodave wrote:I've used Simply Business for a few years, they always throw up some good bargains. Dave

+1

They can go from sweet-shop to multinational and have great deals and are linked to the other 'simply' companies, such as Simply Books.
The Red Bladder
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Dee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:12 pm

Big bump!!

Has anyone used Ampband? They're quoting £79 for a full year with £10million PLI. Online reviews seen good but just wanted to check with SOS first!!
Dee
Regular

Postby Dave B » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:12 pm

I've been with Ampband for a couple of years now, but frankly, it's more 'a tick in the PLI box' than anything really. One thing that bugs me is that I can't figure out how to add a second band onto the policy - I think you have to take out another one and I think it's not wild about you having two...

But it seems to satisfy people who want to see the certificate. Which is nice.
Dave B
Jedi Poster
Veni, Vidi, Aesculi (I came, I saw, I conkered)

Postby Sam Spoons » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:45 pm

I am just investigating PLI for some gigs my pal and I are planning to promote next spring/summer. The venue has said that the promotors are responsible for PLI, is this correct and has it changed in the last few years*?

I do remember that, when I was doing PA work, the policyholder (the boss) or named responsible person (me) had to be present in person and the policy was with respect of us supplying and running the PA/Lights/Backline but the premises were obviously responsible for anything arising from the venue.

The situation is little different with the upcoming events, three of the four are acoustic and (probably) un-amplified. My concern is that if we take out PLI as a group we will find that it does not cover us if we perform in our own right but only as promoters of other performers. Or one of the many other pitfalls. If we are going to invest money into PLI for these events it makes sense for it to cover our other activities. I guess I'll have to speak to a broker but any thoughts?

* Since I retired I have lost touch.
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Previous