You are here

should i upgrade/do i need to upgrade??

All about the tools and techniques involved in capturing sound, in the studio or on location.

Re: should i upgrade/do i need to upgrade??

Postby paul tha other » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:12 pm

Bob Bickerton wrote:My MacBook Pro is the centre of my business and used for multiple purposes including admin, graphic art, video editing and audio recording. As such I can justify its replacement every two or three years, which means I’m rarely forced to upgrade because of functionality issues.

Personally speaking, I’d most certainly want to use the latest version of Logic, and I seem to remember you’ve been caught out previously with Logic X compatibility. SSD system drive is a must for me. Portability is useful. The old “classic” Mac Pro towers were very noisy.

I’m wondering if a tower is necessary.....

Bob

my tower isnt noisy at all..i get a bit of fan noise when i switch it on, then its silent..i dont do much location recording so i dont need to be portable..i like the towers for the drive bays..way to handy..

i see what you are saying about logic x and yes i got caught out not being able to open a logic x project and thats why my finger was sitting over the buy button on the mac website.also why im asking this very question...

im my own worst nightmare..i can talk myself into having one opinion then talk myself out of that opinion in less than 5 minutes

didnt think upgrading my tower was an option though..that could be the way i go

anyway..thank you for your replies..been given food for thought
paul tha other
Frequent Poster
http://www.myspace.com/onemanandalaptop

Re: should i upgrade/do i need to upgrade??

Postby Sam Spoons » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:32 pm

Sadly they only upgrade 2009+ Mac Pros, mine are 2008 (8 core 3.0GHz and 8 core 2.8GHz) and an older 2006 (3.0GHz Quad Core)..... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Sam Spoons
Jedi Poster
Finally taking this recording lark seriously (and recording my Gypsy Jazz CD)........

Previous