You are here

Magazine and web subscription.

For feedback and suggestions about the SOS magazine, app, web site or forums.

Re: Magazine and web subscription.

Postby blinddrew » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:40 pm

Just remember you can't use it as a loo roll substitute if you run out...
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby BobTheDog » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:21 am

Good Point!

I just had a look what I paid before for print and web, £84.00 for two years. This should now be £120.74. That leap seems more than the 20% VAT or am I misunderstanding something?
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Postby garrettendi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:37 am

blinddrew wrote:Just remember you can't use it as a loo roll substitute if you run out...

My good sir are you suggesting what I think you suggest? What an insult to the good authors of SOS!

:headbang:
garrettendi
Frequent Poster
"I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked. They left that to the Bee Gees"Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World)

Postby Forum Admin » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:08 am

BobTheDog wrote:I just had a look what I paid before for print and web, £84.00 for two years. This should now be £120.74. That leap seems more than the 20% VAT or am I misunderstanding something?

Bob, we did not raise the subs price for over 9 years previously, swallowing year-on-year paper price hikes by the paper mills, increased postage charges across the globe, and increased overheads... why do you think many other magazines have ceased publishing a paper edition? It's very costly.

The subs prices had to be realigned to ensure we did not lose money on them. I have also explained earlier in the topic why the Web sub could no longer be included as a "free" bonus.

Also, we no longer sell 2-year subs (for reasons explained earlier too), so the £120.74 price is not a good comparison.

Sorry, if it is a big increase for you -- but if you divide your Print+Digital renewal price of £60.37 by 12 issues, the per copy price is still cheaper than buying from the newsstands each month, and you also get web access AND tablet access. You might not be using a tablet now, but any Digital sub you buy remains accessible in the future too.

It's a bargain - especially when you factor in the high quality, reliable editorial.

We're not in the practice of ripping off our customers and the whole team work very hard to maintain standards, and we set our pricing to allow us to continue in business. Hopefully, you'll understand that.
Forum Admin
Location: A studio deep in the fenlands of Cambridgeshire, UK
SEARCH SOS 11,115 articles: www.soundonsound.com/search
Get FREE Full Issue PDF Digital Mag: https://sosm.ag/FreePDF

Postby BobTheDog » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:18 pm

Thanks for the full explanation, makes much more sense now.

I'm in a penny pinching mode at the moment which hopefully won't last much longer but you are quite right, it is a bargain. I'll get the print+digital subscription.
BobTheDog
Frequent Poster

Previous