I think that practically, OSC3 will be a 'flush away those New Years blues and not spend any money this month' type affair at the start of next year. For obvious reasons! :) By the time we've recovered a bit and done Synthfest, it's starting to head into heavy gigging season for some and family stuff for many. So I reckon that a bit of 'me time' in Jan should be allowed.
Interesting question about my track and space. Usually, my stuff is quite dense and dry, but there's a few things that work on mine -
* Chromophone itself is quite good, but quite precise when you analyse it so each individual sound doesn't take up lots of room
* It's mainly single lines so no big smudges of chords to wash out the spectrum
* a fair bit of the ambience is delays
* I automated one bit of reverb on a sound in Chromophone - I mostly turned off the effects, but liked the odd 'booming hit' and the inbuilt reverb was nice and dark and suited it
* I tried to create 80s gated reverb for the snare hits. I pretty much failed but it didn't sound too bad
* Mostly, it's down to the Eventide 2016 room reverb plugin - it's one of the simplest to use, but just has a great sound