You are here

Not Toys, but Tools

Post your own hardware/software reviews.

Re: Not Toys, but Tools

Postby ManFromGlass » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:02 pm

ahhh - the lighted magnifier. A brilliant foil for any company who thinks I can read a font smaller than 10. What the heck are those companies thinking? :mrgreen:
ManFromGlass
Frequent Poster (Level2)

Postby Folderol » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:55 pm

In the mid 1970s I made up a wooden block with holes drilled, and cutouts made to fit every single audio/video plug I could lay my hands on. Envious eyes were frequently cast over it, and I even had engineers wanting to buy it - and they're usually a pretty tight lot.
It survived many kidnap attempts up to the late 1980s, then somehow I managed to forget it and left it on the bench when I went home. Needless to say it wasn't there the following morning, and nobody had seen it.

It was the only time anyone at work has ever seen me really angry. I left the place not much later.
Folderol
Jedi Poster
Yes. I am that Linux nut.
Onwards and... err... sideways!

Postby nathanscribe » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Got one of these permanently clamped to my bench, it's pretty handy and seems sturdy enough for general purpose audio gear faffery. Mine came with rubber sleeves for the clamp as well, which are good for holding things like pot shafts while cutting them down etc.
nathanscribe
Frequent Poster
I have no idea what I'm doing.

Previous