You are here

stage monitors

For performing musicians and engineers: stagecraft, engineering and gear.

Re: stage monitors

Postby manleyelop » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Hugh Robjohns wrote:
So in your case, use 1, 2 , 3 and 4 (if needed), for the foldback monitors (with 3/4 set pre-fade), and 5/6 for the external effects sends.

aha right OK That's what i was thinking thanks ive been using 1/2 for monitors & 3 /4 for fx sends
manleyelop
Regular

Postby blinddrew » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:00 pm

I'm in York, so depending on where you are in EY possibly not that far away.
I'm a long way short of the expertise of people like Mike, Sam, Wonks and Hugh but I'm pretty good with a manual so happy to meet up sometime and work through a few things if that would help.
:)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby manleyelop » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Thankyou im back with the manual to see if i can make headway with it i'll drop you a line if i need to Thanks though much appreciated :thumbup:
manleyelop
Regular

Postby Hugh Robjohns » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:57 pm

Brilliant! :thumbup: :clap: thanks Drew. I'd take up the offer -- having someone talk you through things in front of the desk can be really beneficial.
Hugh Robjohns
Technical Editor, Sound On Sound

Postby blinddrew » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:12 am

:thumbup: No worries, feel free to PM me or let me know when you're next getting the desk out for anything and pending life getting in the way, I'll see if I can swing by. :)
blinddrew
Jedi Poster
Ignore the post count, I have no idea what I'm doing...

Postby AlecSp » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:23 pm

manleyelop wrote: iv'e always struggled with grasping manuals im smart but i have to work very hard at taking info in from them hence all the questions.i use the desk & it's great but would like to know more about it so it can become quite frustrating at times,im a gifted dude musician & engineer but i have to work hard to learn even though im eager too but hey that's life :bouncy: but then if my brain worked differently perhaps my musical side would not be so gifted
If you're not a good manual reader, then take a few hours to have some "personal time" with your desk. Just the two of you, accompanied by either a mic plugged in, or a simple pre-recorded source, a pair of headphones and/or a simple active speaker. That way, you can play to your heart's content and really learn what all the controls and I/O do, listening to the signal at various outputs.

Even if you are a manual reader, there's nothing to beat practise to help get to grips with features, and to confirm whether or not they work like you expect them to.
AlecSp
Regular

Postby manleyelop » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:25 am

AlecSp wrote:
manleyelop wrote: iv'e always struggled with grasping manuals im smart but i have to work very hard at taking info in from them hence all the questions.i use the desk & it's great but would like to know more about it so it can become quite frustrating at times,im a gifted dude musician & engineer but i have to work hard to learn even though im eager too but hey that's life :bouncy: but then if my brain worked differently perhaps my musical side would not be so gifted
If you're not a good manual reader, then take a few hours to have some "personal time" with your desk. Just the two of you, accompanied by either a mic plugged in, or a simple pre-recorded source, a pair of headphones and/or a simple active speaker. That way, you can play to your heart's content and really learn what all the controls and I/O do, listening to the signal at various outputs.

Even if you are a manual reader, there's nothing to beat practise to help get to grips with features, and to confirm whether or not they work like you expect them to.

Funny enough i did just that i spent a full day with the Mixwizard WZ3 yesterday hooked everything i needed up couple of reverbs & an old minidisc player & did some serious investigating & it payed off things are making much more sense to me now it's not nearly as complex as i was thinking but it has taken some time to get my head around the routings it seems there are many ways of routing things on the mix wizard but i reckon i have it covered now.one thing i discovered though i can use ST5 & ST6 for ext fx but 6 doesn't route to the monitor via aux so i'll have to use say ST1 if i want fx on the stage monitors ,also looks like i have a couple of sunk faders that need fixing so i may have to take the board in for a service to A&H Thanks everyone for the support :)
manleyelop
Regular
Previous